New HID FOG lights

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does it work, the larger the number on the HID's the brighter they are (ex: 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, etc...)?

Are all brands about the same as far as quality?

How difficult is the installation of HID foglights on an SRT?

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does it work, the larger the number on the HID's the brighter they are (ex: 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, etc...)?

Are all brands about the same as far as quality?

How difficult is the installation of HID foglights on an SRT?

The number refers to the color, like 20000K is pink or green. Lots of people say that 4300K is close to factory but it looks yellow to me, thats why we go with 6000K, 8000k looks blue. As for quality, I have had no problems with mine, and installation takes less than 10 minutes, as you can see in my DIY thread. Not bad for 150 a set.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The number refers to the color, like 20000K is pink or green. Lots of people say that 4300K is close to factory but it looks yellow to me, thats why we go with 6000K, 8000k looks blue. As for quality, I have had no problems with mine, and installation takes less than 10 minutes, as you can see in my DIY thread. Not bad for 150 a set.

Can you PM me the details for purchasing a pair?

Thanks...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OEM low beams are 4500k (most oems are in that 4200-4500 range).

I have a 4500k kit for my VIPER too, but we are having crappy weather here in the NE too, haven't had time. I got the 4500 to match the OEM. From a distance 6000k looks more purleish.

Edit- I just noticed I typed fogs originally, I meant to say oem low beams

Hi DII

Where did you get your HID 4500K Kit from for your fog lights? Do you have a vendor web site and a part number? I need 2 sets, 1 for my viper and 1 for my jeep Overland that is the same as the viper.:drive:

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you PM me the details for purchasing a pair?

Thanks...

I ordered these lights from Greg on Tuesday and had them delivered and installed by Thursday. They look like a $300 kit so you cannot beat it for this price. I went with the 6000k and there just right. The installation took about 30 min for both headlights so its pretty easy.

I'm just bummed the kit is not compatible with my fog lights since the housing is different and so is the bulb.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered these lights from Greg on Tuesday and had them delivered and installed by Thursday. They look like a $300 kit so you cannot beat it for this price. I went with the 6000k and there just right. The installation took about 30 min for both headlights so its pretty easy.

I'm just bummed the kit is not compatible with my fog lights since the housing is different and so is the bulb.

Maybe I was mistaken but I thought the kits he is selling is for the foglights. What year model car did you install these in? I'm looking at installing the HID foglights in my '05 SRT.

Thanks...

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I was mistaken but I thought the kits he is selling is for the foglights. What year model car did you install these in? I'm looking at installing the HID foglights in my '05 SRT.

Thanks...

You should be good if you have a Gen 3 and up. I saw Gregs illustration when he installed them and the plug on the fog lights is different then mine which is a Gen 2. Not positive but im sure he can advise to confirm.

ANIL8-U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should be good if you have a Gen 3 and up. I saw Gregs illustration when he installed them and the plug on the fog lights is different then mine which is a Gen 2. Not positive but im sure he can advise to confirm.

GEN II have the same part number 9005. (It's the same headlight and fog light on your car).

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEN II have the same part number 9005. (It's the same headlight and fog light on your car).

If the headlight and fog lights are the same then why are there two different types of bulbs? The fog lights have a H3 (much smaller) and the headlights have a 9005. The housings are also different due to the bulb size. Please let me know if I am missing something because I would love to install this set on my fog lights.

ANIL8-U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the headlight and fog lights are the same then why are there two different types of bulbs? The fog lights have a H3 (much smaller) and the headlights have a 9005. The housings are also different due to the bulb size. Please let me know if I am missing something because I would love to install this set on my fog lights.

Yes the GEN II fog light is a H3. I was thinking it was the same. I had HID's in my 98 GTS and i thought they were the same part number.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANIL8-U,

What kit did you use for your fog lights?

I believe the Gen III uses the 9005 for both the headlight AND the fog light.

The Gen II can use the 9005 for the headlight but must use the H3 for the fog lights.

Anil-8u has a Gen III so he has the 9005's in both the headlights and fog lights.

I have a Gen II, so I'm going to get the 9005's for my headlights and push Greg to track down some H3's for my fog lights. :)

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my HID fogs! But, i also have the same issue with the ABS sensor, and I need to move the driver's side ballast. That's easy - but I need to know where to get another of the adhesive pads you sent with the kit. Do they have a product name or number? I can't locate them on the 3M website.

Thanks in advance.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the ABS problem too. I stuck the driver side ballast to the abs module.

I installed MikeR:quack:'s HID's but mounted his driver side ballast in another location and he has not had the ABS issue occur.

I wonder if the problem has something to do with sticking the ballast on the ABS module....???

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know where to get the tape take comes with the kit, but if you go get some 3M decal tape, its dark gray in color, almost black, it works just as good.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the HID kit. I wasnt sold at first. But Im very happy with the look. I adjusted headlights up some and then run with the HID's. I light up the road. I love driving at night now.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I envy you guys who can drive at night. Too many friggin deer around here for that. Have a few times but on one of those few occasions I literally had a deer jump across the top of my hood coming down from the mountain I live on.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same problem here. I live on a back country road that is loaded with deer, fox, and everything else. the deer hate my loud exhaust though.

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These HID's are so great running the Fog lights and stock HID's that I absolutely hate turning on the high beams. Everything turns hideous yellow from the stock high beams. So my question is, does anyone make an HID kit to replace the stock high beams? How cool would that be? Let me know please!!!!!!!!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These HID's are so great running the Fog lights and stock HID's that I absolutely hate turning on the high beams. Everything turns hideous yellow from the stock high beams. So my question is, does anyone make an HID kit to replace the stock high beams? How cool would that be? Let me know please!!!!!!!!

I agree with you, I think my HID foglights and regular HID beams put out more light than the Hi beams, the only thing the high beams do is aim them a bit higher. That would be sweet to have HIDs in the high beam part but they wouldnt get used very much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang