New Machine...pics

RockStar

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Molson and the Coors light boxes the best!!

what kind of sounds does it make? car? music?

how much did you pay $US

Fun addition....congrats

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty awesome! I have a new playfield and backglass (plastic) for that game and have been keeping my eye open on the local pinball auctions here for the game itself. I have four pinballs and six arcade games in the basement (including a couple driving games with steering wheels, etc.). The only games I am looking for are Viper Night Drivin' and a Galaga in great shape. Patience!
You must be registered for see images

Congrats on your new game!

Chris

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like you guys have the same hobbies as I do: Vipers and arcade games. I have 4 pinball machines and 7 arcade games in my rec room. You can never have enough toys. I have been wanting to get my hands on that Sega Viper Night Drivin pinball machine myself. I have seen a few on e-bay and got outbid on one last November in the last seconds of the auction. It only went for about $1,500, but most are around $2,000-$2,700. I posted a few months back about this guy I bought some pinball backglasses from off E-bay. I picked them up at his house and it just so happened that he not only had the Sega Viper Night Drivin pinball game, but also a one of a kind Viper prototype pinball machine that never went into production. I wish it had because it is a lot cooler looking than the Sega game and I got to play it too. If I am not mistaken, I think this guy said they only made 900 of the Sega Night Drivin pinball machines.

Chris Marshall, did you get that Viper playfield off e-bay a few months ago? I was trying to bid on one on e-bay a few months back and the darn computer locked up with 3 minutes to go in the auction. Needless to say I did not get it running in time to bid. I have the Viper backglass that I got from the guy on E-bay and I plan on mounting it in a frame and backlighting it. He sells a lot of them on E-bay.

OP
OP
R

RockStar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BurnR8, There are a lot of those boxes kicking around right now
It has great graphics and sounds. Play is really good. I couldn't be happier. Cost was $2000 US.

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of games, I've been trying to find Defender -- anywhere on the East Coast.

I almost bought Pole Position II a few weeks ago off ebay.com. That's a great place to find some arcade games.

Steve

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
FYI:

When the original Sega machine came out, Dodge had arranged for VCA members to be offered the machine, direct from Sega, with a special chip burned with their VIN number, as to display it during the gameplay (or during idle?).

NJ region was invited to one of Sega's largest NE distributors where they barbecued, and our members enjoyed a huge warehouse full of pinball and video games (no quarters needed!), and they had about 6 Viper Machines set up for us to enjoy.

Lots of fun!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean -

Yep, bought the playfield on eBay and was surprised I got it so cheap ($80). Glad your computer had a hiccup!

We have several pinball auctions in the area and I have yet to see a Viper game. My current pins are The Simpsons, High Speed (fun car game), FIRE!, and Haunted House. I restored a few electromechanical games in the past, but the kids didn't care for them too much.

I think I bought the backglass plastic for the Viper game from the same gentleman you did. I put it in my garage, as I fully expect to have a good backglass when I find the right game!

Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96