New Mod - Startech Roll hoops

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after searching and searching i was able to trackdown and purchase Startech Roll Hoops. Interesting enough, I had to purchase them overseas in Germany... Nonetheless, they are amazing. Great build quality. In fact, they are stainless and extremely strong. Startech produces them not just for looks but for safety. They weigh roughly 10lbs each.

While these pics are decent, I will post some during the day outdoors this weekend.

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/DSC06379.JPG

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/DSC06370.JPG

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/DSC06364.JPG

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/DSC06417.JPG

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/DSC06424.JPG

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree they look great but unless the hoops are braced they will fold up like all the others we have seen on this forum that have been involved in crashes. They need to have diagonally braced and these do not.

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with that comment. They are secured in the rear bulkhead so they are extremely secure. In a conversation with Chuck T he spoke of the strength of the bulkhead so the question is the strength of these bars. I can tell you all that they are contructed extremely well and the main bar which runs though the entire hoop is 1/8 thick stainless. These are unlike all the other hoops available.

the car is going to Tators Wednesay and i will get his judgment call.

GR8SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree with that comment. They are secured in the rear bulkhead so they are extremely secure. In a conversation with Chuck T he spoke of the strength of the bulkhead so the question is the strength of these bars. I can tell you all that they are contructed extremely well and the main bar which runs though the entire hoop is 1/8 thick stainless. These are unlike all the other hoops available.

the car is going to Tators Wednesay and i will get his judgment call.

Nader, Do you have a web address to see and purchase the sport bars. Thanks!

David

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go... Either email or call. Christoph is the contact for overseas orders.

http://www.startech.de/

Here are some more pics... They look even better in person... Well, well worth it...

DSC06536.JPG

DSC06549_1_.JPG

DSC06470.JPG

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And how might Startech roll hoops compare to the S/S AutoForm roll bar...

You must be registered for see images

GR8SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And how might Startech roll hoops compare to the S/S AutoForm roll bar...

You must be registered for see images

The Autoform roll bars are installed using
the car frame (welded or screwed on) Seats and carpet have to come out to do the installation. Startech bars looks from the pictures to be stronger then the stock bars, looks like you just have to take the stock bars off and replace with Startech roll bars. Don't know how hard this is to do. :dunno: They do look HOT on! Price?:confused:

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
duplicate post

Well first they are about one third the price without installation and second they look a lot better. I am not saying these are as safe a complete bolt in roll bar, but what I will say is that they are 1000% better than stock and should provide some kind of protection since they are extremely strong. Remember I am just quoting the Startech website - "they are for safety".

Whether they provide additional protection or not, I am not that concerned. My reason to purchase them was for the look.

Well worth the purchase in my eyes....

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant get them in the states. You need to order them from Startech - Brabus in Germany. Cost was $1,300 which includes a $160 shipping charge. Also they do not take credit cards so you have to wire the money.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
They do look OK.

....Not sure I'd want to trust them in a roll over though.....

OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I do admire the construction and surprised by the quality, I dont plan on testing the strength of these bars. My point from the beginning was even though they were purchased for looks, they are surprisingly strong.

I wasnt sure what to expect and this is one of those few times that I was delightly surprised by the quality and look.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all talk about rollbars I was shocked when I took of my stock bars. A simple Al. tube cover in plastic. A real eye opener. I installed Autoforms rollbar. I kinda like it but I do find that the rear panel does not fit as well as the stock one. I had problems with the interior side panel riding up on the rear panel making the bottom of the door rub and the door slightly sticking. I have yet to address this issue but, I will keep you posted on this fit problem. other than that this is a solid system.The SRT window posts have no steel in them. I was surprised to hear this. Anyone aware? I wonder how they hold up in a roll over.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.The SRT window posts have no steel in them. I was surprised to hear this. Anyone aware? I wonder how they hold up in a roll over.
So what is in the A pillar? If there is no steel and no roll bars that function correctly, this is one of the most unsafe convertibles. Normally they have a reinforced a pillar. Where did you hear they have no steel?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice addition Nader. Not to mention potentially life saving...That link above has me wondering why DC didnt add real roll hoops to a 510hp/535tq car....weird..I gotta get to Captree and take some pics of that beast soon...

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. The car is in the shop now getting Motons installed. Cant wait to get it back. With that said, not sure I will make it to Captree this weekend...

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Startech Roll Bar Hoops that have been powder coated silver if anyone is interested they can call me at 604-603-8255 Leo

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no holding up in a roll over unless you have full roll cage.
I toltalled my viper 2 mths ago and was very lucky it did not roll.
I have startech's for sale, they look awsome but you drive a convertable you can kiss your HEAD good-bye, sorry for being so blunt.
Anyone interested in silver powder coated Startech hoops can drop me a PM :)