New Owner/Memver

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to viper ownership and the SoCal Viper Club. Keep an eye on the SoCal site, always a number of events on the calendar.

for the tuning questions, as others have noted, waiting for headers, etc. Gen IV's have similar motors and adding headers, exhaust, ported intake, heads, mopar ECU gets then to about 600-620 rwhp. Your intake is ported, not sure how much was let on the table? Until chrysler releases the ecu codes figure you can add bolt ons, ported heads, etc and get same or slightly better numbers.

Get to know Dan at SPT in LA or Todd at A&C in Temecula, we're fortunate to have two great viper shops here. Best wishes, hope to meet you. Mike

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rides great, especially on sport mode. with this car you can really tell the difference between sport and race mode on the suspension.

Alright if you say it is good on sport mode then you just like bumpy cars lol

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race seems bumpy to me, sport seems perfect.

Race?

There are 3 modes? I was under the impression there is a normal mode and a firm mode. So only 2 shock mods same as my gt500. They are the exact same shocks after all.

OP
OP
K

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Race?

There are 3 modes? I was under the impression there is a normal mode and a firm mode. So only 2 shock mods same as my gt500. They are the exact same shocks after all.

For suspension or what they call "shock tuning" there is normal, sport, and race.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For suspension or what they call "shock tuning" there is normal, sport, and race.

Are you positive? Because even the car magazines show a 2 way adjustable shock system. I think you are confusing the shocks with the traction control in that there is a normal mode, sport mode, race mode, and an off mode. The shocks should only have 2 settings and that is it.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you positive? Because even the car magazines show a 2 way adjustable shock system. I think you are confusing the shocks with the traction control in that there is a normal mode, sport mode, race mode, and an off mode. The shocks should only have 2 settings and that is it.

The SRT website says this;

Four-wheel independent with high-performance aluminum control arms and
knuckles and lightweight coil-over shock absorbers. Two-mode, driver
selectable Bilstein DampTronic shock absorbers on GTS model

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks beautiful congrats.

Keep it stock. IMO all that after market stuff is what goes wrong and it looks....well...after market. again IMO

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1500 under msrp, what did they bend you over on your ZR1. Thats where they will make up the msrp and a whole lot more. Love the new car. ZR1 is pretty badass as well.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT website says this;

That is what I thought. The bilsteins only have 2 modes. On the shelby the sport mode is unbearable on the streets. I feel the viper then is the same. I thought at least in normal the viper may be better because perhaps they use better springs and the chasis would absorb the shock better but maybe not.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I thought. The bilsteins only have 2 modes. On the shelby the sport mode is unbearable on the streets. I feel the viper then is the same. I thought at least in normal the viper may be better because perhaps they use better springs and the chasis would absorb the shock better but maybe not.

I honestly wish they could offer the GTS without the fancy shocks. Or just let the SRT version add the laguna interior. I'd rather have a MCS setup anyways. I've sat in 3 Gen V's now and I can't get over it. Very comparable to Aston Martin, but it has a cockpit feel. The Aston feels big...too big...

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly wish they could offer the GTS without the fancy shocks. Or just let the SRT version add the laguna interior. I'd rather have a MCS setup anyways. I've sat in 3 Gen V's now and I can't get over it. Very comparable to Aston Martin, but it has a cockpit feel. The Aston feels big...too big...

Probably. Then I'd switch to adjustable coil overs since the bilsteins damptronics really ****. There is so much super car in this car (lambo engine, ferrari interior) why couldn't they source the shocks from someone exotic? lol Or at least make a comfort setting on the GTS since it is the GT version. Maybe even an adjustable exhaust like porsche has where we can choose if we want it loud or not.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably. Then I'd switch to adjustable coil overs since the bilsteins damptronics really ****. There is so much super car in this car (lambo engine, ferrari interior) why couldn't they source the shocks from someone exotic? lol Or at least make a comfort setting on the GTS since it is the GT version. Maybe even an adjustable exhaust like porsche has where we can choose if we want it loud or not.
They may use the same shocks, but you can't just compare them based on what one car feels like with them. The shocks are tuned for the different vehicles... a test drive would be the only way to find out for sure.

OP
OP
K

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
here you go, they are lloyds. i ordered from CARID.
securedownload-1.jpeg

securedownload-2.jpeg

OP
OP
K

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

i'm 100% positive. i know the differnce between traction control settings and the shock settings. on traction control you have full on, sport, track, and full off. for the shocks you sport and race.

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you doing the big bear run Saturday? We could drive to the meet point together. If not ill be in alpine on Sunday and could meet up then.

See you Saturday. I am not sure that I am going to the 1st meet point in Corona. I am probably going to take the 215 instead and meet everybody in Redlands. There is another car cruising with me, but not sure where we are meeting. Probably be in Scripps Ranch or somewhere near. You are welcome to cruise with us and either veer left towards Corona to meet the other group, or continue on with us.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm 100% positive. i know the differnce between traction control settings and the shock settings. on traction control you have full on, sport, track, and full off. for the shocks you sport and race.

No buddy. For the shocks it is normal and firm as it would appear on your dash. Not that it matters what you call it normal/sport/race. It really is all the same in that the 2nd setting is way too stiff for the road so it is pretty much useless which is why I hate the bilstein damptronic shocks. I wish SRT used something adjustable that was a higher quality. That is probably my only complaint about this car. And that the roof cuts into the windshield too much. And no carbon ceramic brakes.

OP
OP
K

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
See you Saturday. I am not sure that I am going to the 1st meet point in Corona. I am probably going to take the 215 instead and meet everybody in Redlands. There is another car cruising with me, but not sure where we are meeting. Probably be in Scripps Ranch or somewhere near. You are welcome to cruise with us and either veer left towards Corona to meet the other group, or continue on with us.

my dog swallowed a fish hook tonight and she's going to have emergency surgery. i won't be making the run tomorrow.

OP
OP
K

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No buddy. For the shocks it is normal and firm as it would appear on your dash. Not that it matters what you call it normal/sport/race. It really is all the same in that the 2nd setting is way too stiff for the road so it is pretty much useless which is why I hate the bilstein damptronic shocks. I wish SRT used something adjustable that was a higher quality. That is probably my only complaint about this car. And that the roof cuts into the windshield too much. And no carbon ceramic brakes.

it actually appears as sport or race on the dash, i can take a picture if you like. also the "hard buttons used to initiate the sport or race suspension are labeled sport & race. i use race a lot on winding roads and when taking big turns, it actually works well.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it actually appears as sport or race on the dash, i can take a picture if you like. also the "hard buttons used to initiate the sport or race suspension are labeled sport & race. i use race a lot on winding roads and when taking big turns, it actually works well.

Interesting that is different than from the pictures. I'll have to take a closer look next time I check out the one at my local dealership.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are these what you're talking about?

From ViperExchange's 2013 Solid Blue GTS Viper:

You must be registered for see images

Launch Edition:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez, do you want to argue with everyone?

There are two modes in the SRT. Four in the GTS.

The guy owns the car and you've only sat in them - I think he may know a bit better.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez, do you want to argue with everyone?

There are two modes in the SRT. Four in the GTS.

The guy owns the car and you've only sat in them - I think he may know a bit better.

We aren't talking about the traction control. No one is debating that. We were talking about the shock settings. And as Malu pointed out clearly you can prove the settings just from sitting in it lol. Give me some credit i mean I got to start it and rev it and listen to some music in it as well lol.

But it appears they changed it because always in the pictures the shock settings would be street and firm and I guess when they went to production they went to race. If you were comprehending what we were talking about you would have seen that I was confused by him saying race and sport because the only time I heard of those were in reference to the traction control settings. Which are full on, sport, race, and full off. I didn't know they changed the shock settings to street and race.

But anyways I'm glad people are saying in the street mode it rides very well because this was really my only caution about this car since motortrend said it was extremely stiff but then when they got the production ones they were better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets