New owner

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New owner here checking in. I'm the lucky guy that bought Tom's Commemorative Edition #29 posted in the classifieds. Trip home was the best 4 hours I've ever spent behind a steering wheel.

I've wanted a Viper as long as I can remember, still hard to believe she's parked in the garage. Looking forward to many years of big smiles with her.

I'm in north-central Indiana, so to any of those that go to the local meets here, looking forward to meeting you soon.

Robgen1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! And welcome, had mine a couple months and still feel the same!

Lee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! You will find many good poeple here who share a passion for Vipers!
Proceed with caution though, the MOD bug will bite you soon:)

One other thing...:needpics:

Enjoy the new car and learn to live with having your (the car's) picture taken often and in the strangest or most inconvenient places:D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard & congrats!!!!

I'm new to the IN/KY region, but I know there are events planned for the area. Quite a few Vipers up that way if I'm not mistaken.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations certs~!!! Yes, we ARE quite addicted to pics around here, post when you can!
Also, private message your VIN# to the moderators to UPGRADE you to VIPER OWNER (lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean). Hope you get good weather to drive/drive/drive! ENJOY~~~juli

OP
OP
C

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I will get some pics up after she has a nice bath... Tom had it spotless when I picked it up, and it's already too dirty for my tastes after 400 miles. Of course we've had a break in weather here. Supposed to be 70+ degrees tomorrow, and I don't think I can stay out of the driver's seat long enough to take a sponge to her just yet.

I'm loving the Commemorative Edition color scheme, inside and out. It was my first pick, but didn't think I'd get in one since my price range was a little lower. But I have an awesome wife who approved the purchase, and Tom cut me a great deal.

As for mods, plans for now are the exhaust/cats/filters and a 3M clear bra. I'll be shopping at partsrack soon, but I'm holding off for a few months at least to avoid any marital tensions ;)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
;Hi, certs 210! We are planning a very busy summer...so keep an eye on the IN/KY section of this board.
Better yet, drop me an e-mail of call me for lots of info of interest!!

OP
OP
C

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are some pics after her bath this evening...

DSC_0025B.jpg

DSC_0024B.jpg

DSC_0026B.jpg

DSC_0019B.jpg

DSC_0016B.jpg

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Looks great! I see MGW in your future for a possible shifter along with other stuff.;)
Shiny side up.
DSC_0019B.jpg

OP
OP
C

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really thought I'd hate the stock shifter from all the interior pics I've seen... it always looks like it's 4 feet long. But once I got in and rode around with it, it is actually very comfortable so far. It doesn't feel too high or too tall at all. Maybe it's because I'm 6'3" and have long arms, but it's in a natural position for me.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering doing the same hood conversion as yours.
How does the stripes on the 08 hood line up to the rear stripes?
Does it look like it's suppposed to be there?
I think the 08 bulge is narrower at the winshield than the 05, which would make the stripes narrower at the back as well.
Looks great in pictures!:2tu:

Tom2334

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Darbgnik,

I am the previous owner of the car that installed the hood. I had my friend who owns a custom paint shop did the work. It looks like it is stock. The stripes from the front to the back are as perfect as you can get them and you can not see a difference at all.

Jim,

Car looks awesome. I am glad it went to someone who is going to enjoy it and take care of it.. You know it's KILLING ME to see the pictures of it :D

It feels like I just broke up with my Girlfriend.. NEED TO FIND A NEW ONE SOON OR I AM GOING TO GO NUTS. Darn life gets in the way of all our fun sometimes.

I will be back soon hopefully with an ACR. I think that is what I have finally decided but I will have to wait till later this year. Good luck with her and she looks great. Thanks again for the easy transaction.

Tom
2005 Commemorative Edition #29 (SOLD)
2009 ACR NEXT.. COLOR UNKNOWN..

OP
OP
C

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Darbgnik,

As Tom said, it looks stock. Certainly nothing glaringly obvious in the stripe width from eye level. His guy did an amazing job on it. I'll get up on a ladder tonight and take some pics from a bird's-eye view.

Tom,

Hope to see you in another one soon. It looks like the Illinois meets are only a little longer for me to get to than the IN/KY ones, so when you're in your new ACR I'll take a trip up.

OP
OP
C

certs_210

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Darbgnik,

Here are some bird's-eye pics to give you an idea of the stripe width from front to back.

DSC_00022.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

The original hood has stripes with width about 11.5 inches at the rear edge. The new hood has stripes with width about 9.5 inches at the rear edge. So they are narrower, but they don't look unnatural.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the vert the stripe width looks just right (progressively getting fatter to the trunk).

I too was wondering about the hood. Looks great!!!! Nice way to upgrade a Gen3 to a Gen4 ;)

Tom,
An ACR sure would help you over letting that beauty go!

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darbgnik,

Here are some bird's-eye pics to give you an idea of the stripe width from front to back.

DSC_00022.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

The original hood has stripes with width about 11.5 inches at the rear edge. The new hood has stripes with width about 9.5 inches at the rear edge. So they are narrower, but they don't look unnatural.

Thanks alot for taking the time to do that. I really appreciate it.