New person saying hello..

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased a 2006 Dodge Viper First Edition a couple of weeks ago. It had a 2010 Viper Club of America sticker on the windshield so figured I'd check this site out.

I turn 26 on Thursday and live in Northern California. I'm originally from New Jersey but lived in California in 2005 till 2006, then Florida for 6 months, New Mexico from late 2006 till late 2010 and now finally back in California.

I'm in the military ( Air Force ) so out of the country a lot, but always down for any type of car get togethers when I'm stateside. I also drive a modded 2002 Mustang GT pushing 400 hp all motor with 600 with nitrous.

Leaving for another deployment in a couple of weeks, but should be back by July.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on your viper purchase! It sounds like you're already used to high performance engines, especially the jets ;). Welcome to the site. There is a lot of great info here, just in case you ever need it. Thanks for your service to the country. :2tu:

V

Venomiss

We hope you can join the VCA when you are home. We have a Viper raffle coming up and Viper Magazine is included in a membership too. It's easy to join online.

In case you haven't see this before for your area.

Northern California VCA

Safe travels.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Interesting handle - "DeceptioN". Why did you pick it? What is your MOS?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Purchased a 2006 Dodge Viper First Edition a couple of weeks ago. It had a 2010 Viper Club of America sticker on the windshield so figured I'd check this site out.....Leaving for another deployment in a couple of weeks, but should be back by July...............

Sounds Familiar! Dash Plaque # *** / 200 ? *** = ? Still Stock? LOOKOUT if it has OEM ZP (runcrap) tires. Slippery.

Congrats, Welcome, and Thanks............

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Interesting handle - "DeceptioN". Why did you pick it? What is your MOS?
Pretty much just a name I've been using on forums and video games since forever. I like to do things sneaky, in video games I like to flank ( FPS ) and in cars I like to keep them looking stock on the outside but power on the inside.

Job right now is aircraft structures, but I plan on retraining to combat controller if I qualify for PRK in November of 2011.
Sounds Familiar! Dash Plaque # *** / 200 ? *** = ? Still Stock? LOOKOUT if it has OEM ZP (runcrap) tires. Slippery.

Congrats, Welcome, and Thanks............

It is # 156 out of the 200. It is pretty much still stock, the guy was nice enough to replace the clutch / flywheel before selling it. It is lowered with some eibach performance springs and has an MGW shifter on it. Also luckily it doesn't have the run craps on it, instead it has the Invos on all 4. It gives me pretty good traction on wet roads, but I still prefer to not drive it unless it is sunny out.

If you google "Dodge Viper 156 200" it comes up with a bunch of links from the guy trying to sell the car. Using his pics from now until the weather is nicer out and I can get some of my own.

I bought it from a dealership and not the guy directly. Didn't find out that it was some guy's car and not the dealership's until after I already bought it. Paid a little bit of mark up from the dealership parking it in their lot, but I also have a 3 year warranty on it, so can't complain too much.

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yup that is the 1. The weather is starting t look pretty decent this week, so should have time to get some pics of my own.

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations man. I am from the SF Bay Area. If you are in the area, maybe we could hang out! A bunch of my car guy buddies meet in Milpitas on Sunday mornings for our version of cars and coffee. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you the details.

Urhuckleberry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Purchased a 2006 Dodge Viper First Edition a couple of weeks ago. It had a 2010 Viper Club of America sticker on the windshield so figured I'd check this site out.

I turn 26 on Thursday and live in Northern California. I'm originally from New Jersey but lived in California in 2005 till 2006, then Florida for 6 months, New Mexico from late 2006 till late 2010 and now finally back in California.

I'm in the military ( Air Force ) so out of the country a lot, but always down for any type of car get togethers when I'm stateside. I also drive a modded 2002 Mustang GT pushing 400 hp all motor with 600 with nitrous.

Leaving for another deployment in a couple of weeks, but should be back by July.

Thank you for your service and welcome!

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I shot some *** out. For the others in California, I'm in Fairfield at the moment but moving to Vacaville once I get back from my deployment.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the Viper!

I was stationed in San diego, loved it...thank you for protecting our freedom!