New radiator problems!

vip06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a alans triple pass last friday. So I filled it up with antifreeze burped it now 4 times! Now every time I take it for a drive it dumps out like a gallon of antifreeze. Tonight I burped it again and got the puke tank full toped off the fluid. I let it run in the garage for 30 mins turned car off no fluid ran out. So I take it for an hour drive get home turn it off and then another gallon of antifreeze in my floor. I know its coming from the puke tank I saw it. I had also put a new radiator cap on also it was the anode one from alans. :dunno:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. A gallon is a LOT of liquid. A quart is a lot of liquid, and 1/4 of a gallon. And in either case, can cover your garage floor.

The puke tank... The one in the fascia, like a Gen 2, like in your avatar?

That thing ain't supposed to be full. So if you are filling it, there's your problem.

OP
OP
V

vip06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It comes out with alot of pressure behind it. Could the new cap be the promblem? The car is a 01 forgot that info. Its strange when the puke tank was empty same problem with it full same thing it just pours on the ground. I know the tube is in it cause i fiiled it that way. The puke tank was emty when it first did it. But after it dumped it out the puke tank was still empty! Also it did not have any promblems prior to the new radiator.

Reaction score
I have seen this exact symptom from a cracked cylinder liner. There was a defect or something yet to be determined that caused coolant to get behind the liner and rust through the back side and cracked into the cylinder. Under use the cylinder pressure was puching coolant out the puke tank!

I hope this is NOT your problem but it sounds eerily similar.

OP
OP
V

vip06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i got it to work! :D I had bought a rad cap from alans to with the radiator. I went to autozone and got the coolant loaner tool checked the system and purged out the air good to go all test passed. Then I checked the factory cap it held to 17 psi. So then I checked the rad cap and it wont even pressure up at all! I think that was my problem the whole time. ;)

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be Careful!!!!! I bought the triple-pass radiator and had problems for over a year. I finally found out that the radiator had several pin holes in it and now they will not do anything about it!!!!

OP
OP
V

vip06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think i got it to work! :D I had bought a rad cap from alans to with the radiator. I went to autozone and got the coolant loaner tool checked the system and purged out the air good to go all test passed. Then I checked the factory cap it held to 17 psi. So then I checked the rad cap and it wont even pressure up at all! I think that was my problem the whole time. ;)

It was the cap foresure. I got to take it out in the heat today. I drove it hard and got it to pressure up. Came home and no more antifreeze on my floor im so much happier.:D Also it cools so much better very happy!:drive:

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth. I had the anode cap from Roe and had a puking problem. The anode hangs from the cap by a long spring which allows the anode to touch the bottom of the tank. The anode got caught on a ridge in the bottom and it pulled the center valve open so it would puke when hot. I shortened the spring so the anode doesn't catch on the bottom and the problem went away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang