New SRT article (brief) and AOL poll...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="3"> Click here for the article from CNN/Money Magazine </FONT s>

I found this as I logged on to AOL this morning. They were also doing a "head-to-head" poll with the SRT vs. the Ferrari Enzo. Currently the poll sits with 46% preferring the Viper, 29% for the Ferrari, 17% say they love 'em both, and 7% say they are a waste of both time and money (Corvette owners
supergrin.gif
). Interesting!

Chris

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't find the poll. Where's the poll?

BTW, those results show that people have no taste....
wink.gif

Sorry, but if money weren't an object, I'd take the Enzo.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The poll specifically mentions to consider performance and price before voting....

&lt;&lt;BTW, those results show that people have no taste....

Sorry, but if money weren't an object, I'd take the Enzo.&gt;&gt;

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are the parts of the article I like. I've bolded the more amusing comments.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The original Dodge Viper was, for many, the quintessential American performance machine. Its design spoke of raw power. Ten huge cylinders of inelegant, inefficient and unforgiving power. Take a turn too fast and prepare to find yourself sliding sideways off the asphalt. Hey, you want "forgiving"? Talk to a priest.

Viper's new 505 cubic inch (a 3.5 increase in displacement) 500 horsepower V-10 has the same basic architecture as the old, but it's lighter and has 50 more horses than the previous version and 35 foot/pounds more torque. The car's road manners have also been improved but without resorting to fancy "traction control" systems. If you can't handle 500 horses, it's still your problem. With the same "driver's car" philosophy, there's only one transmission available. It's a six-speed manual.

Inside, looking at the gauges, it's the tachometer, not the speedometer, that is given emphasis. It's big and in the center. (For those of you who've spent too much time driving automatic family sedans, the tachometer is the gauge that shows you the engine's speed in RPMs. It's that dial, next to the speedometer, that you never look at.) Viper drivers, the thinking goes, care about getting the most out of the car. How fast they're going is simply "As fast as I can," and you don't need a gauge for that.

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only the Enzo weren't so ugly. I think if it didnt have a Ferrari emblem on it everyone would be laughing at its hideousness.

For that money you could have any of the following ( actually even a couple of the following) Muceilago, an SRT, a GTS ACR, a Carrera GT or a 360 Modeno. Any increase in performance you might gain in an Enzo is pretty minor isn't it? And all those cars are beautiful . Aww just get a McLaren and call it a day.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

Thanks for the info.... Of course, no one has told us where the poll is yet, so I didn't have the luxury of reading that caveat.

Anyone?

anunakki,
You think the Enzo is ugly? Hmmmm.... I like it. Just goes to show you how subjective styling is.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venomlver Chirs said I found this as I logged on to AOL this morning.

So if you don't have AOL and/or you probably can't see it because by now the poll is probably gone.

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very true about styling being subjective. It still boggles my mind when i meet someone and they dont like the vipers styling.

I've never been a big ferrari fan. I like the 348 and 355 and I think the 360 is beautiful. But unless you go back 30 + years i dont really care for the rest of them..especially the F40 and 50

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4