New to Me 2003

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've only posted here a couple times, but I closed the deal, and drove home today, in a new-to-me 2003 Black 'Vert, courtesy of Bernie Katz at BJ Motors. Bernie and his wife made everything straightforward and easy.

I picked the car at Bernie's shop near Richmond (after driving a rental down from West Chester, PA (Philly suburb) where I live, and drove the Viper back up 95! FUN, except for the NASTY pothole I hit that I thought was going to take out my right front rim and/or tire. Instead, it just added to some road rash on the lover valence (which I'm used to, being the owner of a 2007 Charger SRT8 Superbee).

Car seems in excellent condition, and runs like a dream, with 23,000 miles. I have to get it PA inspected, seviced, and titled. Looking forward to learning alot and being a member of the Viper community. First order of business will be to replace the Michelin ZPs, althought they didn't seem too terrible on the shake-down run home. But I didn't really get on it, either.

Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Trust me, I'm driving this thing like your grandma! Even like that, it's a blast. Different than my SRT8, but even more fun. This thing does have some torque, I swear, it pulls like the Cummins in my Ram.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. It will bring a smile to your face time and time again. Good luck, becareful and enjoy.

If you are in PA there is an event at Pocono coming up the weekend before memorial day.

V

Venomiss

Welcome and congratulations!
Just in case you haven't seen this before:

PA/WV VIPER CLUB ::

Pictures when you can.....PM sent!

Last edited by a moderator:

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper drive next Saturday 4/24 Wheels Across America Harrisburg/Reading/Allentown cruise. We'll be driving out from Downingtown, would be happy to lead the parade....

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations, I'll keep my eye out for you, I've got a black 04 SRT 10. I work in West Chester.

04SRT, I see you're in Newtown Square. I have the Ram and Charger (and soon the Viper) serviced at Videon. They take good care of me. Most of the time, I'm in my daily driver, a 2004 Ramm 3500 Dually, Bright White, 4x4, very dirty at the moment! Just put a sweet Fab Fours rear bumper on this week. Otherwise, I'm cruising around in the '07 SRT8 Superbee (can't miss that one either). Flag me down if you see me.

For the PA guys that are going on that cruise next Saturday, I would like to try to make it, but I might already have something going on, I'll know more by the end of the week. And yes, I know I need to get some pictures up. In my excitement, I didn't even take any when I picked the car up this morning!

As for mods, except for tires, not too much right now. This car already has some: short-throw shifter, Eclipse amp, Mopar exhaust - just the simple things I would do. It's the Ram that I've been working on.....plus I have to pay the mortgage and utilities! The Charger is stock except for the Zoomers exhaust, and next year, new Toyos going on.

Last edited:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a clean SRT. Looks damn good lowered. Just be sure to keep an eye on the Alden lowering springs. There have been a few members who have posted problems with theirs. Congrats and welcome.

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment, and the tip on the Alden springs. I'll do a little search on here to see what's what.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Swexlin, good looking car, we look forward to seeing you soon, we hope you can make it next Saturday. There are quite a few Vipers in your area, a couple of which are coming next Saturday. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about club activities or if you just want to talk Vipers:2tu:

Carmen
717-213-0399

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Carmen, look forward to meeting you and the other Viper owners here in the area. I'm hoping to be able to do this coming Saturday, just not sure yet.

Scott

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Bernie, I plan to! I put about 80 miles on her yesteday, and she drives like a dream! Loads o' fun! Now I really see what the Viper experience is all about!

Thanks again for your help, patience with my questions, and guidance through the process.

Scott

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang