New to the North & South Carolina Forum? Introduce yourself in this thread!

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi!

Welcome to the Carolinas Regional Section! If you're a VCA Member, you have full privileges to read, post and reply. If you're an Enthusiast or Viper Owner, but not a VCA Member, this forum is "Read Only" for you. This was done to prevent "fly-by posters" from advertising used poodles, Honda meets, and telling us how CarX is so superior to the Viper.

If you ARE a VCA member and you can't post or reply here, it means that your "group association", i.e. privileges are not set correctly, and you need to email [email protected] for assistance.

We also now have a Facebook page for those that are interested (Open to all - enthusiast or owners!):
https://www.facebook.com/carolinasviperclub

Enjoy the region!

http://carolinasviperclub.com

This thread is for members new to the VCA or existing Carolinas members that are new to the forums

Please introduce yourself (let us know about your car, location, and interests). Welcome! :drive:

Last edited:

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be the first to post I guess. My name is Shawn MacArthur. Most of you know where I live, but I live in North Raleigh. I currently have 2 vipers both of them 97, a red with Silver Stripes and a Blue and White stripes. I am run a computer consulting and training company am married and have 2 little girls.

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, Well my name is Angel Bonet, i am from Puerto Rico originally, i ve been in Greenville SC for the last year, I am a Dr. @ greenville VA clinic(taking care of veterans), i have one precious daughter, and another one on the way!!!, i love drag racing , and everything that has to do with speed, love bikes too, and i have a 06 srt convertible and a GC srt8!!!, looking forward to meeting you guys!!!

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting fellas. You will definitely have the opportunity (if not multiple) to send your car(s) down the strip this year at a club event!

I will be showing off my awful reaction time!! :2tu:

SMG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Stephanie Gundlach, I live on the coast in Jacksonville, NC; which is about 2 hours drive from Raleigh. I've been married to a bike enthusiast/Marine for 7 years and we have lived here for 5yrs. No kids, just a big dog who acts like one. I'm originally from Manchester, England and have wanted a viper since I was 9 and Jeremy Clarkson did a piece on them on Top Gear, finally decades later I have a 2002 GTS FE #156.

VOI 12 was the first event I've been to and loved it and I was lucky enough to meet some of you guys there. Here's looking forward to meeting you again and some new people, and having some fun!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm Craig J. and I live in North Raleigh and I'm a Java programmer. My Viper is a 2001 RT/10 in Viper Race Yellow, and it is about 99% stock. Vipers are easy cars to work on, and it's a lot of fun to get together and knock out some maintenance items. The Viper is one of those cars that I find as much fun to drive as it is to look at and to work on. It really is a satisfying ownership experience. However, the best part of owning a Viper has been the people I've been fortunate enough to meet. Without exception, every Viper owner has been a lot of fun to get to know, and VOI 12 was a huge confirmation of that experience.

I'm also excited about our club...NC has a lot of places to visit and great roads for driving, and I'm looking forward to meeting more club members in the near future.

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey jeremy i have a friend that lives in wake forest too, he used to Drive his beetle in NASA in the midwest, he'll be going to the dyno day with me .

RedFang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All:

Stuart here. Been in Vipers since acquiring my 1999 ACR (still have it). Had a 2003 silver vert (Mopars at the Rock Viper of the Year) and currently playing with my 2008 ACR (also Mopars at the Rock Viper of the Year) on the track. Mostly attend track events at VIR, public & private. Only on the boards ~1x monthly. Seems time is getting shorter & shorter as the years progress. Welcome to all the new members! Looking forward to meeting you and hopefully you all will attend events at VIR and 'drive 'em as they were intended'.

Reaction score
Tony Sawyer, owner of jtsvp,

interest? SRTs LOL

located Denver nc , right outside of charlotte, at the moment 3 SRT Ram vipers,SRT8 challey and Im sure more on the way LOL

but got plenty of customers in the area also with vipers that dont do the forum thing

so if we get a event together , please give me a shout, would love to get to meet a few folks

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just moved to Charlotte from Central Florida, job transfer and my current Viper is a 2010 Snakeskin Green/Black ACR (#22 of 30). Though I do look for every excuse to drive my car, I am in total agreement that one of the underestimated benefits of Viper ownership and Club participation is the people you meet. I can only imagine the fun it will be to explore the area and back roads in my Viper, so much to see and the roads offer a much better driving experience than the flat roads in Florida do, and I won't miss the love bug season twice a year! I see that most of the board posting activity is from the Raleigh area, I look forward to meeting you all and other club members at future events.

Chuck

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ Hey Tony, Thanks for being a supporting vendor. We'll keep you in mind for Charlotte area events. Recommend to you VIper clients that the forums are the place to be with the most current info on Carolina VCA happenings! ;)

^ Welcome Chuck! We are planning a bunch of VCA events throughout NC&SC, even VA. You should have plenty of opportunities to get that beautiful ACR out on the road with us! Be sure to checkout the forum post of the tentative schedule. In the meantime, hopefully you will be able to meet a few of our Charlotte members through the forums and at some of the larger independent meetups, eg. http://charlotte.carsandcoffee.info/

Reaction score
I most def will sir, and thanks so much!

one of my customers just purchased the new viper launch edition so trying to get him to bring it by when he takes possesion of it,

but yessir most def keep me informed, would love to get more involved myself

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know most of you, but looking forward to meeting the rest. I was a Corvette guy for years until I was ruined by the Viper... I'm also a big fan of other SRT products. My wife drives a 300C SRT8 and we also have a Jeep SRT8 for picking up the groceries. If I'm not careful, I may end up with a Challenger SRT8 before the end of the year.

Looking forward to a great 2013!
-Marko

first mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Bob Whitcomb and my wife's name is Renee. We live in Lyman, SC which is about 20 miles north east of Greenville SC. We moved here two and a half years ago and so far we really enjoy it here. When we first moved here we bought our first mopar which is a 2002 Prowler. We still enjoy driving it very much. About a year later we decided to buy a 2010 Challenger SRT which we still have. Both mopars were still not fast enough so in January of this year we decided to buy a 2008 Viper. WOW!!! we found a car fast enough and we love it. Our other interests are riding our Harleys and golf when we get time. Look forward to meeting y'all and other members of VCA.

OP
OP
M

mendler23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Bob! Hope you got my VM. I recommend posting any part related questions on the under the forum for your model and someone can get you an answer quick

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome Bob and Renee and congratulations on your new Viper! Post up some pics when you get a chance and i look forward to meeting you.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear from you Bob and Renee!!! Look forward to meeting you at some of our upcoming events. As you will find, it's always fun to be around other Viper owners. See you soon! :)

NO HEMI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club Bob and Renee!!!, I live in greenville SC and i'm always looking for more viper owners around the area, we have a Cars and Coffee event the last sat. of each month(weather permitting), and i am also part of the deep south mopars, feel free to get in touch with me if you like to go to cruise in's rides with anyof these groups!!

SteveMat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late to the game as usual, Steve Mathias, live in Charlotte and have a 97 GTS that I bought in 2000ish. Not as active in the club as I once was with family, work, blah, blah, blah... I do have a 4 post lift in a detached garage for folks in the Charlotte area...

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Steve. If you can, try to meet up with us at one or more of our events this year. You won't regret it. :)

CBR-ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve you may be a "slacker" (your words not mine), but we won't give up on you. You're just prioritizing the things that are more important which makes perfect sense. In time, things will shift and we will be here. To hitchhike on Brian's comment, we all can find numerous reasons not to make an event, but for me personally, every time I worked around those reasons to participate, I was glad I did and never regretted due to the people you meet. It is a special group and Chris and Brian are working hard to improve the inclusivity with the geography challenges our VCA Chapter has to contend with. By the way, I am awaiting delivery on some bolt on tie down/towing brackets in which we can utilize your lift, which means you will actually get to start that museum display 97 Viper and move it to allow me to get into that garage! I will give you a call this weekend.

x60079

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seth Green here. I just moved to North Carolina (Sanford) from Georgia. Like Chuck, I am from Central Florida originally. I been a Mopar guy my whole life and the Viper is the top Mopar. I have a 1996 GTS w/ 8000 miles. It is a total garage queen. I also have a 1967 Charger, H code, 4spd. I also look for any excuse to ride my motorcycle and craftsman lawnmower as well! Looking forward to being an active club member and hearing more about my favorite car.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Seth, and welcome to NC! I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your '96. Would enjoy seeing your Charger too.