New To The Viper Family!!!!!

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First and foremost I must say one thing. Woooooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!! :2tu: I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am in pure awe of this machine. From the time I was a young man (not exactly old at 36) I've owned my share of performance based cars. From my 75 corvette, 1999 ///M3, to my 97 Cobra (heavily moded). NOTHING compares to this beast or the sheer joy found in my anticipation. Everytime I reach for the garage door opener...my palms begin to sweat. My heart beat increases slightly. Then the door fully opens to reveal the hint of an emotion only my wife can give me before a night of romance. This morning I think I actually saw my shirt jumping on my chest as if it were doing a dogs dance waiting for a treat. I'm looking very forward to absorbing everything possible from each of you. Until one day I can give back. Before I throw a plethora of questions your way I'll be sure in review as much as possible. However, the one question I must get off my chest. Is there a way to turn the exhaust note into more of a Ferrari whine? It's apparent It will never sound like a throaty muscle car. Do not misunderstand. I'm not unhappy...just want to get it to sound half as mean as it is.

Thanks all!!!

P.S. Ha, and I thought my measly 400hp Cobra was fast...oh well, we all make mistakes :bonker:

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats,and welcome to the Viper Nation! :2tu:

As to the exhaust,you might try the Corsa tracks-won't sound like a Ferrari,but meaner sound than stock,with less cockpit heat(you will soon discover that the stock crossovers make a very efficient seat heater).

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!! As for the exhaust, you will never be able to make it sound like the Ferrari. Different engines. But as Bill pointed out, you can make it sound louder and meaner by installing an aftermarket exhaust. But then again, no matter what exhaust you put on, it will never sound like any Ferrari. Good luck!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of torque! please use your right foot with good judgement an if you dont already have one, get a Valentine V1

OP
OP
D

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all!!! I know it'll never sound like a Ferrari. I was just thinking since I couldn't get it deeper..maybe I could get it higher? I've also realized just how freakin hot the cockpit gets. Is it me or does the driver side get hotter than the passenger side? I'll get some pics up this weekend. Any recs on a viper club in the DFW area? I can only imagine cruising down the road with 30 vipers...Ahhhh. Oh yeah! I don't have to imagine any longer...Wooo Hoooo once again.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new beast. :2tu:
On the exhaust question, give the Corsa Track a go - the system rocks.

OP
OP
D

Dagger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New To The Viper Family!!!!! Now W/ Pics...??

Thought I'd add a few pics of both of my Snakes!! Many mods to soon come with pics. I've also decided to gut my garage and dedicate a new design. One side to the Viper..and one to the Cobra. Toys are just too cool! Ok...where the #$% is the "attach file button??"