New Viper Logo.Your true feelings?

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me...
Am I the only one who feels it was totally unecessary to have a new Viper logo?
Why "Fangs" in lieu of "Sneaky Pete"?
Corvette has had the same crossed flags logo for 50 years.
Mustang has had the running horse for almost as long.
Trans Am was identifiable from it's fire breathing eagle from 1968 to present.
All of these logos have changed esthetically slightly over the years but have all maintained their basic premise.
Now granted, both Pete and Fangs are snakes. Vipers to be more specific. But that's where the similarities end.
Sorry, I'm rambling...just bored. The week of Thanksgiving is kinda slow in a periodontists office.
I, for one, would liked to have seen Sneaky Pete remain synonomous with the Viper.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper99:
Sorry, I'm rambling...just bored. The week of Thanksgiving is kinda slow in a periodontists office.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<u>For the bored periodontist:</u>

A man picks up a girl at a party. They proceed to her place and things start to heat up.... He takes his shirt off and then washes his hands. He takes his pants off and washes hands again.

After watching this for a few minutes, the girl says, "I bet you're a dentist."

Surprised he replies, "That's correct. How did you know?"

"You keep washing your hands, so I figure you're used to it ..."

They proceed to do "the wild thing" and then afterward she says, "You know what? I'm willing to bet you're a very good dentist."

"Oh? How can you tell?" he asks.

"Well, I didn't feel a thing..."
laugh.gif

BACK ON TOPIC...I totally prefer the Sneaky Pete!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy fix...replace the new one with the old one if you don't like it. Alternatively, S2000 badges ;-)

Or, slap the old "Scat Pack" logo on!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper99:
Corvette has had the same crossed flags logo for 50 years.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, same motor too.

I like the old one more than the new. It would be nice if they would merchandise both, but they probably won't.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that My version of Viper has a unique logo. But that is a good point when you mention that everyone else has the same logo. I guess that may just be one of the reasons Viper is not like anyone else? Someone needs to take an old logo and put it on the SRT/10 and see what that looks like?

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't decide either. On the left side of the car, I have the new logo, and on the right side I have the old logo.

176pic2.jpg

176pic1.jpg

;-)

I think the new one looks cooler, as long as it is right side up. If it is upside down, it looks funny.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer Sneaky Pete because of his mischievous "smirk"..... plus Fangs reminds me just a little too much of the Shelby Cobra Logo.....

I figure they changed the logo to go with the new "hard edge" design of the SRT......

PS: where did you get your hubs? I need some for my Purner Wheels.....

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you dont like the new logo turn it upside down and look at it. What do you see? Prety cool huh. Quack Quack

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like the new one, it just looks down right mean!!

I like the old too, but would prefer the new one.

My wife had this painted on the wall in the garage for an anniversary present to me, looks cool!

165newviperlogo-med.jpg

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new logo is fine for SRT owners (period).

It would be nice if Dodge and the VCA would not forget that there are STILL Gen I and Gen II OWNERS.
I would like to be able to buy some VCA items with "Sneaky Pete" logos, why?? BECAUSE my Viper doesn’t have the new FANG logo ANYWHERE on it.
Don’t you think it makes perfectly good sense to produce items with a choice of which logo you want.

After all it seems to me there are MORE Gen I and II owners than there are SRT owners.
Maybe one day when I buy a new Viper I’ll buy something with that smiley face viper logo on it.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ornec, if you have owned Vett's you can sure make fun of them! I wouldn't trade our mini-van for ANY Vett. I am sure MANY have enjoyed them, but as far as I am concerned and after owning a 60's, 70's and 80's version, they are all not worthy of driveway space let alone garage space.

COOLASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you turn the new logo upside down it looks like Donald Duck. The old logo is the coolest,don't fix it if it aint broke.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new logo looks like it was meant to be on the Comp Coupe / GTS-R concept. The street cars should stay with Sneaky Pete.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Ferguson is the bravest man in the world, not only will he ADMIT to owning a minivan, he LOVES his mini van, and wouldn't even trade it for a sports car! Just teasing ya Steve! lol

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee I LOVE my Caravan, white with Blue Viper racing stripes from the front to the back, autostick and 17" wheels. And you know what, it turns more heads than any of the three Vett's I have owned! Go Caravan, go Caravan!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually there was a time Corvette owners got very upset when Chevy stopped putting "stingray" badging on the cars in 1968, the furor was so great they resumed the badging in 1969. It lasted until 1977, by then they might as well have called it "blowfish" with a max of 210 hp.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by COOLASP:
If you turn the new logo upside down it looks like Donald Duck. The old logo is the coolest,don't fix it if it aint broke.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, never noticed that, it sort of does too. More reason to keep all 4 on the ground.