New viper owner WI

Livinthedream

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all
Always wanted one and finally pulled the trigger on buying one. Sold my pro charged 08 mustang and stepped in too a 05 viper srt 10. 29k miles and been re painted. Car was originally silver and car faxed previous home in FL. Car currently resides in WI, and I see there are a couple of you viper owners from around here. Hoping to learn about this car on
the forums, as I know nothing about the viper. Any insight on my purchase will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 171

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to say, that didn't look like a factory color to me! I dig it!

Congrats!

OP
OP
L

Livinthedream

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to say, that didn't look like a factory color to me! I dig it!

Congrats!
Thanks! Not factory for sure. Paint is not perfect. I give it a 9.5 out of 10 but I tend to be a little critical. The color is what sold me ( and the wife wanted a vert :dunno:. I'm more of a coupe guy and looked at a few in Chicago before this one, and was treated poorly at those dealers. Maybe age but that's just a guess)

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the tires are the originals or run-flats, switch them for some michelin supersports. A lot of guys switch out the exhaust also.

OP
OP
L

Livinthedream

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes they are run flats and horrible!! Gonna switch the tires and powder coat the wheels this winter (which is fast approaching).
Exhaust will be this winter as well. Looking to do a cam/head swap or a supercharger but I am still building the car in my head on what way to go. Thanks for the input.

dcvickers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all
Always wanted one and finally pulled the trigger on buying one. Sold my pro charged 08 mustang and stepped in too a 05 viper srt 10. 29k miles and been re painted. Car was originally silver and car faxed previous home in FL. Car currently resides in WI, and I see there are a couple of you viper owners from around here. Hoping to learn about this car on
the forums, as I know nothing about the viper. Any insight on my purchase will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Sweet color! There are a few of us up in the Madison area. I have an '06 B/W coupe and another guy has an '08 (I think) B/W vert. We'll have to meet up next year (suspending the insurance tomorrow and getting started on my winter build).

OP
OP
L

Livinthedream

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking Viper! I love the color!

Sweet color! There are a few of us up in the Madison area. I have an '06 B/W coupe and another guy has an '08 (I think) B/W vert. We'll have to meet up next year (suspending the insurance tomorrow and getting started on my winter build).

I'm keeping mine out about 1 more week before it goes up on stands for the winter and some mods. Can't get enough of the instant torque!
Definitely interested in meeting up next year. Thanks.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like the color. Do you know if it's called?

I have a set of Belanger headers...would make a perfect mod to do during the winter :)

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Young guy treated poorly at dealership in Chicago? You don't say. Same experience here when I was looking to buy a 08.

Great looking car. That color really shines on that vert congrats.

OP
OP
L

Livinthedream

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe they called the color magnetic blue. Not sure if that's the correct color name or not. Definitely is not viper blue, or at least not the same blue as the other vipers I looked at.

Shoot me a PM on the headers if you like. Just bought a house too so I will have to see what I can swing.

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Livinthedream, if you need paint/autobody and parts, shoot me a message. I have a well trusted shop that i order my parts from and another well trusted individual for all my bodywork needs, and both are located located in milwaukee. What part of wisconsin are you from?

OP
OP
L

Livinthedream

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Livinthedream, if you need paint/autobody and parts, shoot me a message. I have a well trusted shop that i order my parts from and another well trusted individual for all my bodywork needs, and both are located located in milwaukee. What part of wisconsin are you from?

Sounds good. Milton, just north of janesville.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Man,

There are several of us with 20-30 minutes of you. I live in Cottage Grove and have 2 Gen 3 cars. One my best friends lives in Fort and he has a Gen 2 Gen 3 and a Gen 4. There are a couple of owners in Sun Prairie, Verona, and Madison too.

I would be remiss if I didnt mention a site sponsor and neighbor SnakeOyl Products in Waunakee.

Seeing there isn't a WI chapter of the VCA all of us belong to the Illinois Club. An outstanding bunch of folks there...

Steve A.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Racine, WI here. I'm also 'younger' at 25, soon 26. Ownership is quite an experience outside of the insane ride - the way people look/treat you.

It will be quite a drive for you, but the Illinois region Viper guys are a blast and well worth the haul, I've already made quite a few friends there... Keep an eye out for their events @ illinoisvipers.com...

Car looks awesome. Hope to see it out (I guess, next year).

witz323

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Delafield, WI right here. Sweet looking car, love the color. Definitely get involved with the Illinois club. Great group of people that enjoy activities together year round. Makes viper ownership even more fun that it already is. Hope to see you around.

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, great looking car in that color. I also recently came over from a Mustang, you will enjoy the turning heads and attention you will get. Have fun with it.

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car, They should have offered that color. Sounds like you have the first two must do's handeled. 1. Lose the run flats, 2. Replace the factory wrap around the seats exhaust system. If you will track the car you should install the Gen 4 swinging oil pickup. That's only the beginning !!!!! :drive:

envy-me

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sweet Car, New tires will make it feel like a new car
Dan, New Berlin WI
00 r/t

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte