New wheels on the GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White wheels look great on certain color cars IMO. Especially primary colors and some darker colors. Look awesome on a racecar going around the track. I used to have white 6-spokes on my miata. No prob with brake dust as with it and my viper i dust the wheels off with a microfiber just about every other ride regardless.

White wheels do not work on a Grey car at all. They contrast and outshine the paint making it look dull. IMO the only thing to do to dress up a Grey Viper is to paint lightgrey/silver stripes on it, and you could also paint the wheels to match the stripe. There is a reason why the designers picked this scheme in the first place.

Your best bet IMO would be to sell the Gen3 wheels and pick up a set of the BBS ACR 18" wheels.

Please take a look at the pictures of this ACR for reference:
2000 Used Dodge Viper ACR

here is a set of wheels for sale:
2001 BBS ACR Wheels Original Tires - ViperClub Classifieds

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Hyatt--
You a washington, DC native (going by your location in avatar)? Havent seen you around. What part you reside?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the beauty of charcoal grey on a Viper is that the polished or chrome wheels look really good! I also like gun metal or black, but....I must say, even with white stripes I would not like white wheels. I get it on the blue & white, but even there a white wheel would not be within my top three choices.

You asked for opinions and VCA members have no problem voicing theirs...good and bad!

And, I personally like silver stripes on a charcoal gray Viper.:eater:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looking at your picture it looks like the stripe is gray or silver ,yes/no? Your car would look best with the grey BBS ACR wheel IMHO.That srT wheel doesn't really suit the GTS.

OP
OP
H

hyatt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looking at your picture it looks like the stripe is gray or silver ,yes/no? Your car would look best with the grey BBS ACR wheel IMHO.That srT wheel doesn't really suit the GTS.

Yes bought the car with a single silver stripe...already painted on....not my choice but it is different from the norm I guess.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that you have stepped outside the box. Nice going! Find the possitive in it and disregard the negativity. Good on you!

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh outside the box is where you want to be..unless your a follower then do what everyone else does, and you dont need a clue to do that.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey!! Awesome. I just installed white wheels on my red GTS. Here is what they look like....

You must be registered for see images attach

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doing what everyone else does won't get you the slamming like this has been this is world class is that your red car? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

It is difficult to follow your broken english but I believe the "slamming" which, I believe your meaning to be joke, is directed toward the white wheels. I cant help you with the "..like this has been this is world class is that your red car?" I think you are questioning a red car here. Could be way off but hey at least you gave it your best attempt...Good job and way to think outside the congruent english language box.:2tu::lmao:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is difficult to follow your broken english but I believe the "slamming" which, I believe your meaning to be joke, is directed toward the white wheels. I cant help you with the "..like this has been this is world class is that your red car?" I think you are questioning a red car here. Could be way off but hey at least you gave it your best attempt...Good job and way to think outside the congruent english language box.:2tu::lmao:

It IS your red car with the do-do wheels :omg:

Dave, Dr. of Congruency :2tu:

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It IS your red car with the do-do wheels :omg:

Dave, Dr. of Congruency :2tu:

Thats better. See practice makes perfect. Good job! Now everyone doesnt think you're illiterate anymore. (I wont tell them about the spellcheck):2tu:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like that you have stepped outside the box. Nice going! Find the possitive in it and disregard the negativity. Good on you!

You spelled positive wrong.

Ahh outside the box is where you want to be..unless your a follower then do what everyone else does, and you dont need a clue to do that.

Three things wrong here. One, you need three ...'s. Two, its you're as in you are. Three, you need a comma after the word "and."

You're as in you are. Second time u screwed this up. Need a comma after and/but in your first sentence. Need an "a" before joke. Should have started the fourth sentence with "I could." Commas after off and hey in the same sentence. Don't need ... the last time you used it. Since it's in there, good shouldn't be capitalized.

Thats better. See practice makes perfect. Good job! Now everyone doesnt think you're illiterate anymore. (I wont tell them about the spellcheck):2tu:

Thats should be that's. You need a comma after see. Doesn't and won't...enough said.

Bottom line kid, you need to have higher than a fourth grade education before you can start accusing others. There were 16 errors in your posts. Go back and finish grade school.

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Thank you for the corrections and the possitive advice. You have to agree that you cant make heads or tails out of his comments. However, case in point. 99vprgts you are quick to comment but I would take another look at it if I were you. Your sentence structure and spelling is off as well. If you would like a lesson I would be happy to provide one.
Now off to grade 4, but before I do that I have a few stickers to put on my car to Euro-rice it up a bit. Im doing it because I saw someone else do it, therefore it must be cool.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey!! Awesome. I just installed white wheels on my red GTS. Here is what they look like....

You must be registered for see images attach

Okay, when I first looked at that picture, I thought those were pretzels! That really is some funny $hit! I found two posts in one day with guys touting their white wheels. :lmao::lmao:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm not a fan of the white wheels on your viper but I dont think it looks hideous, if you like it thats all that counts, if you are on the fence and considering going it again I think black chrome would look great. I love the way the white wheels look on the BW viper with in side angle picture, some cars look good with white but no matter what you have to deal with the brake dust

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's f'n funny! I think I would have opted for an everything bagel as opposed to a pretzel, but okay...has kind of a "look"!

Steppin' outside the box, hmmmmm, you know when you are walking down the sidewalk and you step outside....oops, then you step in some poop! That's one of the risks you take by steppin' outside the box!:lmao::rolaugh:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Thank you for the corrections and the possitive advice. You have to agree that you cant make heads or tails out of his comments. However, case in point. 99vprgts you are quick to comment but I would take another look at it if I were you. Your sentence structure and spelling is off as well. If you would like a lesson I would be happy to provide one.
Now off to grade 4, but before I do that I have a few stickers to put on my car to Euro-rice it up a bit. Im doing it because I saw someone else do it, therefore it must be cool.

Seriously now, this really isn't the place where grammar or keyboard skills matter much. Basic communication and sense of community is what its about, relax and try to make the next 20 posts more constructive.:)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can't even get euro-rice correct.

Urban Dictionary: euro rice

It's not German or Italian, and my decals are at best average sized. Similar to what appears to be your knowledge of English and cars.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the worst thread I have seen since becoming a member.
As the drill seargent in the movie Stripes stated: "Lighten-up Francis." Like DrumrBoy said, this is not about grammer. It would be a full-time job around here to correct everyone's grammer!!! :lmao: Oh, back to the wheels--paint them black or get them chromed. Just my opinion. Good luck! :)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh stop it. That's like asking a bunch of puppies to sit still and not chew on each other. No rules were apparently broken as nothing was deleted so it's just forum crap deal with it!

weeten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey hyatt...i would say that your GTS is one of the nicest Viper's in my opinion...color combination and all...I just think the wheels are not the right color or feel, I think it throws the car off...

if you slapped on some gunmetal, or black wheels, with a painted lip, you would get a much sharper result...

but at the same time, if you love it, keep it, since it is your baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.