Nice To The Ford...

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, no!!!!!!! Now there's a post on some Mustang web site about how this guy killed a grey Viper in Minnesota!!!!

I have to admit, you have admirable restraint, especially since the GF was egging you on.

BTW, you'll need more than Corsa catbacks to out-decibel most modified Mustangs. At least that's my experience here in Socal. Get some headers and hi-flow cats. That's the ticket!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vic451:

My only response - "he has to wake up every day with that piece of **** in his garage - isn't that punishment enough?".
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probably the same thing that the guy in the new lambo , porsche turbo , ferrari , ...etc says when he sees you . Life is one big food chain . Till you get to be sittin at the top with bill gates bucks there will always be somebody with better toys than you . So try to be kind and don't dump on the people at the bottom of the ladder .

Must be a Mustang owner!!!!

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2002graphiteviper:
Thought I would submit a little humor and see what y'all think.

I have a new graphite R/10 - will be doing quite a few mods to it this weekend with another VCA member (exhaust, pads, tubes, etc..)... Last night, I was with my girlfriend coming up to a stoplight. As I rolled up to it - I noticed a Ford Mustang right beside me (slicks on the back, and more guages hanging off his dash than I could count) - and the funniest part- he had a license plate that read - TRY ME.

I'll guarantee you the last thing this guy expected was to hear a new Viper roll up next to him.

He then began to rev the engine - I wasn't impressed with it - but sounded remotely mean. But I am almost positive that he was actually shaking the rust off the side of his car as I listened to the engine gasp...

To the dislike to most of you - this guy must have wasted half of his tires at that intersection as he took off... For once, I actually restrained myself - and didn't feel like proving my point with him... My girlfriend also seemed a bit miffed - and said, "you need to prove to those people that you could beat 'em in second gear...".

My only response - "he has to wake up every day with that piece of **** in his garage - isn't that punishment enough?".

Another reason I can't wait for this weekend - to put the Corsas on and see what she sounds like - and see if next time the R/10's sound can shake the rust off his car... And I am guessing the next one that I am next to that does that - may need a box of tisses...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea but Glen now you will never know what he had under the hood and if you really could have beat him.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vic451:
Must be a Mustang owner!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope. I'm a vette owner . Probably doesn't win me any more points . You probably think the same of c5's . Oh well . I'll get one of the new vipers in 2 years or so when the are more plentiful .

No I have the highest regard for Vette owners, I've owned MANY myself and am still a regular on the CF.

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys - did everyone overlook the "rust" part of the story? This Mustang looked like it had died a few times - not to mention the pannels that still held paint - contained some resemblance to turquoise... So please erase any souped up shinny Mustang from your memory...

The overall point was rolling up to the guy with TRY ME on the plates - having his jaw drop when I did - and then have him jump the gun on the light as waste half his tires... I spent about $1 accelerating - he spent about $300...

Inside humor - priceless...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Probably the same thing that the guy in the new lambo , porsche turbo , ferrari , ...etc says when he sees you . Life is one big food chain . Till you get to be sittin at the top with bill gates bucks there will always be somebody with better toys than you . So try to be kind and don't dump on the people at the bottom of the ladder .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds to me like Glen was being kind. The Mustang was apparently somewhat of a rustbucket and initiated the challenge. That leaves MustangMan wide open for slaughter (not Slaughter the lawyer), which in this case, Glen kept low key about it.

I run with motorheads every weekend (pitiful for a 41 year old, I know). They go after the big fish all night long and if they win you never hear the end of it. If they lose you never hear about it.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll never forget the night I was wasted in a new Shelby GT-350 by a rusty old 55 Chevy. Seems he had all his money in the new L-88 engine and.....now that I think about it.....rusty metal=lighter metal=more power-weight-ratio=faster car! Ha! Always something faster out there. PS&gt;my mustang isn't rusty, either! Ha! pete the ex glass guy and hot rodder

For a "no rust" GMC-blown mustang:
www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/5567

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2002graphiteviper:
Guys - did everyone overlook the "rust" part of the story? This Mustang looked like it had died a few times - not to mention the pannels that still held paint - contained some resemblance to turquoise... So please erase any souped up shinny Mustang from your memory...

The overall point was rolling up to the guy with TRY ME on the plates - having his jaw drop when I did - and then have him jump the gun on the light as waste half his tires... I spent about $1 accelerating - he spent about $300...

Inside humor - priceless...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guy across the street from me has a rusted out piece of crap and just last week saw him run a 7.2 in the 1/8th mile. Conversion to 1/2 mile would be about 11.45 MORE than enough to beat a stock RT/10.

That is the thing if you don't do it you never know.

jamie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I have a new graphite R/10 - will be doing quite a few mods to it this weekend with another VCA member (exhaust, pads, tubes, etc..)...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glen,

Don't let Gerald touch your car!
laugh.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by jamie on 06-06-2002 at 02:33 PM</font>

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002GV:

You can mod your V10 to sound great BUT (and I don't know the year of the mustang you met up with) the mustang 8 cyl. may be IMHO one of the best sounding American motors built. I just don't think you can get a V10 to ever sound AS good. Unfortunately for the mustang, that's where the comparison ends!

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About "sleepers":
YOu mentioned "rust"....well let me tell you about a sleeper I had once...
68' Chevelle
Color: Misty Rust- satin finish with hints of grey primer
Interioir: Vintage vinyl with cusomt "venting" through out :&gt;, ezcess interioir and panels removed.steel rims with caps.
Motor: 454 stroked,head work, cam, oil sump, NOS,etc...etc.... well over 675 ponies,tricked out tranny
the only giveaway was the tubed rear-end

I ran this car at the WPB raceway at 9.89.. I had this car when I was about 21 and won a a many a street race ( back in the day before they were so frowned upon and when I was not a bright
supergrin.gif
)
It was truly a sleeper.....I would love to have it back and bring it down to the track for "street nights" against all of the Rice-Boys....

2002graphiteviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I would submit a little humor and see what y'all think.

I have a new graphite R/10 - will be doing quite a few mods to it this weekend with another VCA member (exhaust, pads, tubes, etc..)... Last night, I was with my girlfriend coming up to a stoplight. As I rolled up to it - I noticed a Ford Mustang right beside me (slicks on the back, and more guages hanging off his dash than I could count) - and the funniest part- he had a license plate that read - TRY ME.

I'll guarantee you the last thing this guy expected was to hear a new Viper roll up next to him.

He then began to rev the engine - I wasn't impressed with it - but sounded remotely mean. But I am almost positive that he was actually shaking the rust off the side of his car as I listened to the engine gasp...

To the dislike to most of you - this guy must have wasted half of his tires at that intersection as he took off... For once, I actually restrained myself - and didn't feel like proving my point with him... My girlfriend also seemed a bit miffed - and said, "you need to prove to those people that you could beat 'em in second gear...".

Another reason I can't wait for this weekend - to put the Corsas on and see what she sounds like - and see if next time the R/10's sound can shake the rust off his car... And I am guessing the next one that I am next to that does that - may need a box of tisses...

John H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One time at a car wash an old man with a spankin new yellow RT/10 was talking to some dropjawed teenage boy about how his Viper was an unbeatable racecar. I said, "Nice car, have you taken it to the track?" He replied, "No, I don't plan on ever taking my car to the race track." I was like, "Okay, would you like to do a little street comparison for kicks?" He said, "I don't street race, everyone already knows how fast a Viper is." You remind me of that guy.

John H

-The size of your gold chains is proportional to your car's heritage-

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good story. Same thing happened to me except there were four cars at a light in city center. Me (99 Viper) a GNX Buick, A C4 Corvette, and a Rustang. All four with Mr. Driver and Ms. co-pilot. My honey says "doit doit doit". Well, I did it. Too bad there was a building just behind us called the LEC (Law Enforcement Center) and I didn't notice the CROWN VIC behind me. The Rustang and the Vette were so far out of the competition, only the GNX and me got pulled.......$100 no points for an "improper start"! Is that what being a redneck is all about? If I was in the Ferrari instead of the Dodge, I would have gone to jail. By the way, race ALL THE RUSTANGS YOU WANT, there are none that make 500RWHP. DO NOT race a GNX on a cold winter night. I don't like being neck and neck, I like to win.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no offense to Mustangs, but any car can make that kinda hp, but a 4.6 can only take so much boost before something breaks. A VW beetle can make 700RWHP, but why would anyone want to? What I mean is that a reliable mildly modified (no NOS) 8 liter will always beat a reliable mildly modified supercharged 4.6 In the horsepower wars, I saw a BB512 Ferrari with 1200 hp. Yes, street car. Yes, reliable. Fast? I was scared. Machines should not be able to do this. Death was 3" of gas pedal travel. Money makes things go fast. Ford just needs to build a better car around its great engine. Oh yeah, the GT-40 is coming!

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can't believe anyone would actually say that, It's even hard to imagine his G/F didn't slap the dog _ _ _ _ out of him for saying it.

It embarrasses me that it was a fellow Viper owner to boot!

Looks to me Mustang 1, Viper 0

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give us a break....jeez

cmqq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As I rolled up to it - I noticed a Ford Mustang right beside me (slicks on the back, and more guages hanging off his dash than I could count) - and the funniest part- he had a license plate that read - TRY ME.

I know this post is over a year old, but I just dug it up while searching for something else and had to respond. I know exactly the car that you're talking about, and it's actually not a bad car. It's a teal 93 Cobra (pretty rare) with a blower. I'm not sure of the power, but it's a decent car nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my Viper for it, but it would dust your average Mustang.

If you're ever curious, talk to the SVT guy at American Ford in Bloomington. "TRY ME" is owned by a guy he knows.

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no offense to Mustangs, but any car can make that kinda hp, but a 4.6 can only take so much boost before something breaks. A VW beetle can make 700RWHP, but why would anyone want to? What I mean is that a reliable mildly modified (no NOS) 8 liter will always beat a reliable mildly modified supercharged 4.6 &lt;P&gt;

That is one of the most stupid posts I have read in a while... I can spend 5k on my Cobra and run 9s with no Nos... can you .Hell no. The new 4.6 comes with complete forged internals and many people are running 30+ psi on race fuel and 18 on pump gas on STOCK MOTORS. Can you imagine the caost of mods to make the viper run 9's... with out nitrous...? Sorry to tell you that a measley little 281 ci/4.6 will out gun your 8 liter

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus! This thread is still alive?

I could spend 300k and do 4s in the 1/4 mile. Thats more than twice as fast as a 'stang with 5k in mods.

You could get in the 9s for less than 5k in a viper with n20. Whats wrong with n20? I bet you couldnt do 9s in a 'stang without a Supercharger.

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jesus! This thread is still alive?

I could spend 300k and do 4s in the 1/4 mile. Thats more than twice as fast as a 'stang with 5k in mods.

You could get in the 9s for less than 5k in a viper with n20. Whats wrong with n20? I bet you couldnt do 9s in a 'stang without a Supercharger.

I would take your bet, but I'm a poor college student. Many, MANY Stangs have made it into the 9's either All Motor or with a shot of juice, or a turbo. So don't generalize and say a Stang "couldn't" do this or that.

Also, to the topic started. The Stangs with the rust and primered color are the ones you have to watch out for. Especially when they are rolling around with ET Streets mounted on the back two tires. The way I see it, you punked out. Nothing wrong with that, just don't run your mouth about how you could have done this and could have done that. No flame intended, just simply stating what I am observing.

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any car can be made fast. It just how you choose to do it. I hate when mustang people ask to race but they say "You cant shoot the n20". Thats like saying ill race you but you have to take off your blower or turbo.

I dont care what its in or how you do it, fast is fast.

If I didnt have my viper Id have a new Cobra (that cool blue color)

After all I'm still a ford man.

BlownViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no offense to Mustangs, but any car can make that kinda hp, but a 4.6 can only take so much boost before something breaks. A VW beetle can make 700RWHP, but why would anyone want to? What I mean is that a reliable mildly modified (no NOS) 8 liter will always beat a reliable mildly modified supercharged 4.6 In the horsepower wars, I saw a BB512 Ferrari with 1200 hp. Yes, street car. Yes, reliable. Fast? I was scared. Machines should not be able to do this. Death was 3" of gas pedal travel. Money makes things go fast. Ford just needs to build a better car around its great engine. Oh yeah, the GT-40 is coming! &lt;P&gt;

That is where the nos subject came into play here. The comment I made was directed to him when he said that a reliable mildly modified 8 liter(NO NOS) will always beat a reliable mildly modified supercharged 4.6 which is horseshit

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
400 added to the goat under the hood is still 400. How about it? No thanks. We only drive exclusive cars. I excluded Camaros and Mustangs in school.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SOB!!
I'm reading and reading and it's a year old thread!
And here I am contributing to this sucker.
Think I'll go read some "old" newspapers for a while! LOL!!!

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I always have to laugh when some guy in a mustang or other fine piece of automotive machinery starts talking quarter mile times and wants to race me. I say "OK, but lets race for 5 miles", and that usually shuts them up. I think they realize then that their car hits an aerodynamic wall at about 135 mph along with the fact that their front end starts feeling pretty light at that speed from all the air thats getting under it.
With our cars, its not all about 1/4 mile times, at least not to me.