Nitrous Dyno Results

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my car dynoed with the BTR Viper nitrous kit yesterday.

Max hp without nitrous=421.5
Max torque without nitrous=466.3

Max hp with nitrous=575.8
Max torque with notrous=648.1

The nitrous gave me 154.3 more hp and 181.8 more torque.

I had the largest jets supplied with the kit installed for this dyno run.

The air/fuel ratio was about 13.5 with the nitrous on.
I am going to put a larger propane jet in and have the car re-dynoed in two weeks. I will post those results when I get them.

The lower of the two graph lines is the hp and the other is the torque. Both the nitrous run and dry run are represented on this graph.

You must be registered for see images

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you stop te runs at 5000rpms? The hp and tq are still well above stock and the hp is still climbing. Also do you have a printout of your A/F results as well.

BTW- Viper loses between 12-13% from crank to wheels.

OP
OP
S

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize that I would have gotten more horsepower if I had gone past 5000 rpm with the nitrous on as the car was making the most hp around 53-5400 rpms. Tom Welch told me to not exceed 5000 rpm on nitrous for safety reasons. I did not get a printout of the a/f ratio, but when I go back in 2 weeks I will ask for one...this was done on a DynoJet and the a/f ratio was shown on the computer screen while the car was revving.

Tim

Reaction score
Tim,
Was this using liquid or gaseous propane, and was it using the BTR fuel enrichment circuit or just propane for fuel? Your numbers are similar to what I saw using #46 NOS / #40 propane gas, no fuel enrichment.

OP
OP
S

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were concerned that the fuel enrichment controller was not working, but we ran the car with the bottles off and the switch on and it was indeed working.

I am using the normal BTR setup that he sells from his website...the propane I have in the bottle is from the local propane supplier...I believe it's liquid?

I'm going to put a larger propane jet in to richen the a/f ratio soon and will post the new dyno results.

Tim

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What fuel enrichment method were you using? Was it an NOS box that piggybqacked on the computer?
I would love to see a dyno A/F run with the bottle off and the fuel enrichment on.

OP
OP
S

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am using the fuel enrichment controller supplied with the BTR kit. We did in fact make a run with the bottles off and the nitrous switch on-to check the fuel enrichment controller and it was working. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think the a/f ratio went into the 11's with the bottles off?

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32