Nitrous question

Reaction score
Anyone have their dyno sheets on gas? Im interested what your torque level looks like and what kind of system, who installed it, and what shot you have. I'm having problems with mine. On motor mine is ok, but with the gas,I only gain 115 Hp, and 170 foot pounds of torque. on a 200 NX shot. My torque hits its peak at 4500 rpm, then dives down hard.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert, I have a wet system were I instead of Gazoline use Propane. I run the system with the 175Hp settings (next step is 225). I have not had a chance to Dyno it yet, but my time slips shows 95Mph on the 1/8 and that with serious traction problems (stock tires). Wich I think is quite good.
There is ofcourse a lot of questions to ask before beeing able to help you out, and my advice to you is to check with Tom Welch at BTR Viper (www.btrviper.com), he's the man when talking about Vipers and Nitrous.

Cheers
/JP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Albert Chlouber:
Anyone have their dyno sheets on gas? Im interested what your torque level looks like and what kind of system, who installed it, and what shot you have. I'm having problems with mine. On motor mine is ok, but with the gas,I only gain 115 Hp, and 170 foot pounds of torque. on a 200 NX shot. My torque hits its peak at 4500 rpm, then dives down hard.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an expert to talk to about a nitrous explosion and a leaking bottle? I'm trying to figure out if a leaking bottle should have caused a manifold explosion.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Albert, which Nitrous do you have. To be honest I have heard a lot of guys talk about the dialed in amount of HP is mostly marketing. People don't seem surprised when I say someone got 115 HP with Nitrous dialed to 200.

I've also heard that with the "wet" system like BTRViper's propane enhanced you don't go lean on fuel at WOT because it doesn't draw extra gasoline. The leaness may be why you dive off hard and don't reach your expected potential.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone can figure out how to post dyno address in previous message ,it shows 685
rwhp 817 torque on NX 200 shot.My rwhp
on motor was 511 so that is 174 rwhp net.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered the BTRViper Nitrous and hope I don't have a problem like yours. I would consider returning the NX system (demand a refund) and try the BTRViper one. To be honest though I've heard others very happy with their NX systems. I spent a lot of time talking with Tom at BTR and he has answered a lot of questions for me. I think in the end the proof is in the pudding and the fact that others (not Tom) brag about his 10 second 1/4 miles means that he is getting what he advertises out of the Nitrous. It costs up to 3 times as much ($600 vs. $1900) but I'm hoping it's worth it. I just hope I get the same results! You've got me a little nervous though now.

I'm just happy to see posts discussing Nitrous because usually the response is "that's cheating, you need to take that out and go strictly motor." Call me shallow, but to me it's about HP, however you get it. Like I've said before, if I could strap a Jet engine to the car I would...but I'd probably win a Darwin award for that.

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I, have Toms system, and It works perfect. What I would ad to you're set up is stronger half shaft and a set of Purner wheels.
What other mods do you plan?

/JP

Reaction score
I also run the NX system. I recently dynoed mine using 52/35 jets and got 125 hp/230 ft/lb torque. I don't think that their 200 shot is really 200. Wayne is the closest person I've seen to getting this. My numbers are a lot more normal. My fuel pressure drops to 51psi with the nitrous on. I don't know about the BTR system, but I would expect his to be more real...I just didn't want a propane tank in my trunk.