No interest in a 02 ACR with 5800mi...50K

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three factors.
1. Very soft market.
2. Red.
3. ACR doesn't appeal to all buyers.

Your price seems more than fair. Tough to sell any car right now.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a crazy low price i think, im surprised people are lowballing even that offer.

Good luck with the sale.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three factors.
1. Very soft market.
2. Red.
3. ACR doesn't appeal to all buyers.

Your price seems more than fair. Tough to sell any car right now.

right on the money.... These car are so color sensitive... If that were a bumble bee ACR, or a saphire/silver ACR. You could raise the price $7-$9k, and it would STILL be gone in 2 weeks.. Even in this market..

That said, thats a great number for that car...

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Just hang in there, very soft market right not. I never fault anyone for they're first "low" offer, at least they made one, then I tell them, It's not a fire sale but I'd be glad to works with them if they are interested. Have faith, and------ Dont go 'On Tilt':rolaugh:

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my 02 ACR listed in the ads. 5800 mi mint, clean condition, never in rain or smoked in. Keep getting BS offers for 30- 40 K, cant believe no interest for 50K.

ViperClub Classifieds - 2002 ACR - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

For 30 - 40k.. should have driven it in the rain, smoked in it, got drunk, passed out and and pissed your pants in it..

I gave up trying to sell mine, better off keeping it for what it's worth.. I have zero patience for low ballers..

Good luck..

Last edited:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For 30 - 40k.. should have driven it in the rain, smoked in it, got drunk, passed out and and pissed your pants in it..

I gave up trying to sell mine, better off keeping it for what it's worth.. I have zero patience for low ballers..

Good luck..

VERY good decision :D!

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT price but the mileage (> 10,000) is whats hurting that one.

I never quite understood why 10k is the "mark of the beast" with Vipers...:dunno:

...it's like they're going to self-destruct shortly thereafter. Are Vipers that delicate...or is some inhibited 10k evil spirit silently possessing them all?? :devteeth: I recall the whole serpent in the garden of Eden and all...but I seriously doubt Dodge was making Vipers back then lol. :devroll:

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Lee that Yellow ACR is an 01' Big difference bud.

There were only 25 Yellow ACR's in 02' with far more in 01'

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never quite understood why 10k is the "mark of the beast" with Vipers...:dunno:

...it's like they're going to self-destruct shortly thereafter. Are Vipers that delicate...or is some inhibited 10k evil spirit silently possessing them all?? :devteeth: I recall the whole serpent in the garden of Eden and all...but I seriously doubt Dodge was making Vipers back then lol. :devroll:

I am with you. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard but for some reason this stigma seems to follow the Viper. I think it has to go away soon as eventually there will be NO Vipers left with under 10 on the odometer.

These cars are just getting broken in at 10k and I am sure can go another 100 troublefree.

I think as the nice GTS's get farther and fewer apart which IMHO is happening right now people will start looking at the car for what it is and its condition not some unrealistic milestone. I am kinda glad I bought mine when I did as I have not seen another one as nice since I bought mine. For you guys that are having problems selling right now with the economy give it time as soon people will be wishing these deals were still around.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR of gen 2 are rarer yes but, '03-05 SRT's(yeah i know they are all verts) have more hp/tq better brakes... and can be had for less than 50k so i am not sure what you are expecting to get but chances are like most modern cars it will not become worth more than it is now for a long time. But if you do decide to hold out i hope you get what your looking for

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have not checked in a while, but it it pretty easy to get financing for older (+5years) Viper, or do they mostly have to be cash sales?

I have heard that as well. There are some banks that have certain limits for private party transactions, but some institutions will make exceptions. For example, my credit union will grant a loan as long as there is an NADA value - no matter what the age of the vehicle is.

mele

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wish your 02 red ACR was available about 6 months ago when I bought my 01 red stripeless ACR. I would have jumped on it. Mine has 20k and looks new and I think it is just getting broke in. Runs great, 100% stock, and I think red is a great color for the ACR. (Of course, my opinion). I paid a bit less than $50k, but not much. Economy has only slowed down more since then. Good luck with the sale.

MEL

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I paid full sticker +++ for both of my 02' ACR's + I spent 10's of thousands on them getting them custom before I even took delivery of them.

I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

Even if someone offered me what I have into mine I would say NO in fact I turned down big bucks for them many times.

For 50k I would let them rot in my garage or better yet I would wait til' my 1 year old son came of age and give him the joy I've had owning them before I let someone low ball me.

In my opinion I much rather have the cars than the cash any day! But then again that's just me.

In fact I'm talking to the good folks there at prefix to see if I can get a pink ACR made in that pink jeep tour pink they were painting when I was there on Tuesday.

If there's another VOI and I can get my next ACR in pink with black stripes with a pink & black venzano custom int. job look for it at the next VOI.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid full sticker +++ for both of my 02' ACR's + I spent 10's of thousands on them getting them custom before I even took delivery of them.

I would do it all over again in a heart beat.

Even if someone offered me what I have into mine I would say NO in fact I turned down big bucks for them many times.

For 50k I would let them rot in my garage or better yet I would wait til' my 1 year old son came of age and give him the joy I've had owning them before I let someone low ball me.

In my opinion I much rather have the cars than the cash any day! But then again that's just me.

Amen. :2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats an awesome looking car and if green you would not get any offers. The best of Gen 2. I hope you are listing this sale in other arenas too for a lot more play.

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think its a nice car and great price. Wish I was able to get one now instead of 17 months from now. I too am confused about the 10,000 mile terror. For me, I would not shy away from any Viper with under 30,000 miles. That means it was driven to me. I would be leary about any car over 6 years old with under 10,000 miles because I would be afraid of what would need replacing from just sitting in a garage for all those years.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I hate to say it but not only is it a bad market now but also the end of the summer. All of this = a bad time to sell for top dollar. I just sold my 04' White Mamba w/paxton and 8500 miles for $51,500.00 Not what I wanted but I did not want it in my Garage all winter. The best time will be in the spring to get the big money. Maybe the market will be back but I don't think so.

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say it but not only is it a bad market now but also the end of the summer. All of this = a bad time to sell for top dollar.

Nor did it help GenII ACR values when they brought the ACR option back on the SRT.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nor did it help GenII ACR values when they brought the ACR option back on the SRT.

If anything, I would think that it actually helped a bit. Our Gen2 ACRs are part of the proud lineage of the current "King of the 'Ring". Lots of media focus on the ACR name itself- the rising tide raises all ships.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything, I would think that it actually helped a bit. Our Gen2 ACRs are part of the proud lineage of the current "King of the 'Ring". Lots of media focus on the ACR name itself- the rising tide raises all ships.

Agreed... The new ZR-1 gave the 90-95 ZR1's a little jolt... They were on life support for about 10 years..

ACR Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car looks great! I will be in the market for a Viper in about a year. The price is just right for this caliber of a car.

If this was a Bumblebee ACR and a year later, I would take it for the asking price, nothing like a low mileage car that was pampered!

Goodluck with the sale!! :2tu:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 08 venom red roadster 1400 miles (not a mark on the car )90000 sticker i can not get 70 grand for offers in the low 60s -

Kroger

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Lawrenzo - haven't been on here much but see you went back to a GTS after the Copperhead. ( spoke with you in the past ) new ride looks good

- It definately is a fickle market right now as i have been watching all summer and prices are all over the board for 50k my recomendation would be to sit on it for a little while longer unless cash is needed and enjoy the drive :)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought another 2002 FE (no ACR) a few weeks before your post - and I was looking for an ACR for a long time! Bad timing.