No Parts without providing a VIN

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO I have a T56 pulled from a 2004 RAM SRT-10 that I need a tailshaft seal and the driveshaft yoke so I can install this trans in my Viper. The local Dodge dealer (Brandon Dodge in Florida) refuses to order parts for me without a VIN. They stated that since it is a RAM SRT-10, they have to have a VIN to order parts. ***? I told them its a salvage transmission, but they insist that I get a VIN from the truck. I can see where that would make things a bit easier using a VIN referenced look-up table, but come on...work with me boyz...make that parts database work for me!! Has the parts ordering business become so automated that the parts guys no longer have the ability to hunt and peck for a part? Maybe I'll just have to stop in for a face-to-face vs. trying to deal with these guys over the phone. Anyone else ever have this happen???.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get a number off the old seal, or call another dealer- there cant be more than 1 seal,and if not- get all options and return the rest,they dont cost much

RapidTransit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer parts department did the same song and dance with me over a slave cylinder. I said I'm at work and couldn't get it, but here is my cell #....5 minutes later and he told me it was in stock and a price! I said, sorry but I found it at a better price through the VCA!

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for the reson for a vin, Most of the clowns in the parts dept couldn't find there ass without both hands, Also for the good parts guys they need the vin to make sure the right parts gets sold to you so they don't have to return it...

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for the reson for a vin, Most of the clowns in the parts dept couldn't find there ass without both hands, Also for the good parts guys they need the vin to make sure the right parts gets sold to you so they don't have to return it...
exactly on the clown part

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Resolved. Called NAPA and they told me to ask for "HotRod" at the Parts counter at the aforementioned dealership. I now have the seal coming tomororw and they have the yoke in stock. No kidding. Military and VCA discounts as well. So who was this **** that answered the phone the day before?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That said, I do hope 'hot rod' was able to ID the correct seal for the tranny you have. That Ram can be difficult to specify for, and an available VIN # clinches the build date and several variations. You will know soon enuf...

Thank You

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960