No sound from speaker above glove box

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just noticed that for awhile no sound has been coming out of the speaker above the center console.

About a month ago, I had my radio unit taken out for repair and put back in. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it though. Maybe something got unhooked or a switch got turned off, I'm not sure.

Has anyone else experienced something similar or have any ideas as to what this could be?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same exact problem, and have been trying to fix it. I am thinking of taking the car into the stereo place to get it done.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd check the connections to the amp in the trunk - its likely something got knocked loose.

Valhalla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but how do you remove the speaker it on a 1998 RT?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't forget that it is just a sub... that means you'll have a hard time hearing it anyway w/o the top. for years i never thought it was on... :)

but it is probably a connection to the trunk.

JD

venom1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would first check to make sure the speaker (sub) is still good. u can take a 9 volt battery and put it to the positive and negative of the spker and it will move the spker. u can take the spker out and do it to make sure it is not the wireing. If the spker is good put it back in the car and put the 9 volt test to the sub wire positive and negative coming out of the amp if that is good, then u need to check the sub channel coming out of the amp and they way to do that is to pull the rca connectors off of the amp and plug in new ones and touch each channel with your finger you should hear a hum with Each touch of the rca. if you dont hear a hum it means that channel is bad

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
Also make sure the Fade setting of the stero sets are not set all the way forward. Found this on an other stero system after 2 months, three stero techs and 2 sets of speakers. Helps to read instructions