Not a ****** Anymore

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curbed my first wheel. That sound goes right up your spine and freezes your brain. Any of you had success with repair and re-polishing? Or is it new wheel time? The rash is just on the edge but it's there.

Vipera

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been there, done that. Know the feeling... Just want to make it go away, whatever the cost!! Many good wheel polishers out there. They will take good care of you, so dont worry too much! :bonker:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of someone who can work with magnesium? The local guy here claims to fix all wheels until I bring my mags to him. :confused:

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu:

Steel Snake,

If you still have the OEM wheels like your photos show, they are easy to fix. Just take the wheel off the car, bring it in the house turn on the Speed Channel, and tape the tire and tape the wheel next to the lip. Then take 3-4 grades of sand paper, and get to work. I used 320 to start, then 600, then 1200 grit paper. The I used mothers mag polish, and it was as good as new. This takes about an hour or so. Nobody will know. Of course in that tiny spot, the clear coat will be gone, but guess what, it is gone now that you curbed it. ;-) But just using Zaino or mothers mag polish 2x a year, will be just fine. My wheels are bare polished aluminum now that I had them High-Polished. I have had them this way for 18 months now, and they still look shiney. I just use Zaino spray once a month.

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, exactly what Got Venom said.
I recently changed my rear tires and the guy how did it made a one inch mark on the lip of one wheel. I got mad because my wheels are like new but later at home I used sand paper and fix it. Easy to do and very good result..

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dread the day I do this to my wheel. Mine are still all virgins. Glad to know there is a diy remedy. I suspect I will stare at the damage for an hour and curse myself because it will in all likelihood be due to something stupid I did.

OP
OP
S

steel snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
G.V., thanks for the tip. I was guessing something along those lines. One of these cold winter days I'll try that. The snake's in deep hibernation now; good time. And yes, Viperbite, it will definitely be something STUPID. Like backing up narrow driveway and not paying attention. It's like a lifetime of dental visits packed into 1 second