Not many vipers around (alaska) here = strange behavior

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just found out that there are only 16 vipers in Alaska. 7 are RT/10's and the other 9 (including my ACR) are GTS's. Now I know why I have only seen 1 in 9 years. I would have thought there was more, but these figures are from Viper Magazine.

I wonder if I will ever be comfortable with all the people staring, hollering and following me when I drive; it is a strange feeling when someone follows you for a couple of miles. I didn't know people would react like that.
Yesterday a person suddenly walked up to my car while I was stopped at an intersection so I rolled down my window and said: "hi", he mumbled something about me being a wealthy @#$%*& (which I am far from) and spit on the car twice and then took off in the opposite direction!!??

Does that happen to anyone else often?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one negative experience where some guy at a stop light going the other direction hollered some unintelligible crap about me and the Viper and money. I just stared at him, shook my head in disgust and drove on when traffic started moving. Never had someone spit on the car, though. I think I'ld have to get out, take him to the ground and then proceed to give him the same treatment he gave my car a thousand times over.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AkViper- Once I got the finger from a kid driving a pick up truck, Whatever. Just remember- You can wash the car. That guy that spit at you will be messed up for the rest of his days. Doomed to fail.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Probably a drunken transient fisherman. My worst episodes were in foreign-exotics. The average alaskan is so car-naive that they thought yur Snake was a FURR-ARRI or sumpthin.

When I had my StealthTT in Anchorage, GTS-BLUE w/ white stripes, a LOT of kids thought it was a Viper. The badges helped the charade.... but most folks 8-80 LOVE the US-built Viper.

As a long-time Alaskan, I can speak to the fact that friend Rod Udd at Anchorage Chrysler-Dodge has delivered about 6 so far. A couple also came up as used cars: Jay H's old car I found in the parking lot of a bar on Spenard Ave. It had been driven up the AlCan years ago, and looked it.

Like other states with no sales tax, RECORDS show cars sold there, but they ain't there. One of the Alaska-licensed cars was last seen in GREECE ! Oregon is like that: No sales tax, so many cars are in surrounding states, and even FL and IL !

As far as I know, there are 5 in Anchorage area. The regional VP of Safeway just sold his, and he then moved Outside. The car is in AZ now.

Im sure we have some mutual friends: "Alaska Is A Small Town"

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I have noticed. Since the economy has gotten worse and worse, there have been a few people looking at me with this look of disgust because I MIGHT have a lot of money when I am in the Viper. Or is it just my ugly mug?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a guy yell "Punk!" at me one night. He and his buddy (both about 16) were cruising around in a Z-28. The best response in a situation like that is to simply look away. You will only get angry if you try to engage in any type of conversation.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was ordering a part from Jon B, I told him while I was in Greece, my mouth dropped as i seen a red GTS I think 97 with Alaska plates. He told me the guy brings his car all over the world. Does anyone know this guy?? If so, tell him i was keeping an eye on his car and the 99 VT Lambo parked behind him..What a freaky sight that was
smile.gif
))))

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulysses:
Or is it just my ugly mug?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we might share the same fate Ul.... I can't get girls to show me ******* for nothing.. and I think THAT'S a weird reaction... do you have the same problem?

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
USAF BAD ASP said: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I can't get girls to show me ******* for nothing.. and I think THAT'S a weird reaction... do you have the same problem? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup! I have been unfortunate in spying the elusive *******.

Did get a marriage proposal once, but she was half my age and...<FONT size="1">I'm already married</FONT s>...

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While bike riding I've found if someone honks or says anything disparaging I pretend to misunderstand them and wave as if we're best buddies and he just gave me the biggest compliment in my life. It really ****** them off since they then have a very difficult time doing anything.

I can just see them explaining to the policeman why they got in a fight with you. You say he waved and smiled and was polite and you just couldn't handle it so you decided to punch him.

In some of the early episodes of the Sopranos, Tony complains to his Psychiatrist about people walking around really happy and how he just wants to punch them. My guess is that if one or two people do it, then there are a lot of others out there thinking it.

Ever wonder why almost no one in Houston honks their horn?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately where I live there is a real "Yuppie ****" mentality lingering about. It really has nothing to do with the cars here. We get a lot of wealthy tourists coming out of Annapolis (no offense intended) who come to our beach and actually get things changed to suit their needs. They had a museum approved (never built) an ice capades started (eventually quashed) they've raised our taxes through the roof because the city has to provide protection for their empty beach houses in the winter. Animosity towards the rich (at least in my corner of the world) is directed towards the leeches who really shouldn't be leeching. Driving a car like this will automatically put you into this category if you deserve it or not.