Not the way to start the weekend

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Driving in south Florida can be such a challenge. I just did not have the time to put the laser shifter in yet and I still don't think he ever really clocked me :/ 89 in a 65

You must be registered for see images attach

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap that *****, sorry to see that.
It would be interesting to digitize the citation into a vinyl wrap and wrap the whole car with a speeding ticket.....probably be the most famous Gen 5 once the pictures got out. Nobody would ever forget your Viper:headbang:

George

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Traffic school?

Ticket Clinic :) I have them on speed dial much better the ticket was $280.00

Transaction Amount : $79.95
Transaction ID : 1969518260
Authorization Code : 286202
Transaction Type : Card Sale
Response : APPROVED

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This reminds me, my yeas has passed since my last ticket. I'm good to go for another ticket and be allowed a DD class to take it off Insurance.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are so lucky he didn't get you at 90 which then you would be in the reckless driving category.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know everyone will ridicule what I am about to tell you (after the fact you got a ticket) but the advice is priceless.

A high speed street driver once told me that he never got ticket ever and had a lifelong clean record while persistently speeding way over the speed limit,

He also told me that he would never have a radar detector or laser shifter EVER in his car and he felt that they actually cause tickets.

Let me explain...

He told me that people that use radar detectors and laser shifters tend to persistently get tickets just as you have now. He explained correctly that when you have these devices in your car you rely too much on them to do what you should be doing actively yourself, and that is scan the road to see if there is anywhere a cop may hide or come from. That is the key.
I got rid of my radar detector and never got a ticket in over 15 years for speeding. The key is to speed ONLY where an officer can never hit you with radar/laser or can track you. For instance, there is no place for a cop to stay on the side on a long bridge. I never heard of anyone getting a ticket speeding across a bridge, because there is no where for the cop to hide unless he comes up from behind, and it is your obligation to persistently scan your rear glass when speeding. Same with long tunnels or long stretches of road where there are no obstacles on the side for anyone to hide behind. And if you are speeding and you see someone approaching you from the rear at your speed or faster, then assume it is a cop that is clocking you so slow down. There are road way stretches with no shoulders that have guard rails that only a allow a cop to catch you if he come from behind, so on roadways like that you only need to scan your rear end.

This is the key to ticket avoidance.

chronic successful speeders never use radar detector or laser jammers.

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You are so lucky he didn't get you at 90 which then you would be in the reckless driving category.

That's part of the reason I don't think he clocked me the number was lower than what I was really doing

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I know everyone will ridicule what I am about to tell you (after the fact you got a ticket) but the advice is priceless.

A high speed street driver once told me that he never got ticket ever and had a lifelong clean record while persistently speeding way over the speed limit,

He also told me that he would never have a radar detector or laser shifter EVER in his car and he felt that they actually cause tickets.

Let me explain...

He told me that people that use radar detectors and laser shifters tend to persistently get tickets just as you have now. He explained correctly that when you have these devices in your car you rely too much on them to do what you should be doing actively yourself, and that is scan the road to see if there is anywhere a cop may hide or come from. That is the key.
I got rid of my radar detector and never got a ticket in over 15 years for speeding. The key is to speed ONLY where an officer can never hit you with radar/laser or can track you. For instance, there is no place for a cop to stay on the side on a long bridge. I never heard of anyone getting a ticket speeding across a bridge, because there is no where for the cop to hide unless he comes up from behind, and it is your obligation to persistently scan your rear glass when speeding. Same with long tunnels or long stretches of road where there are no obstacles on the side for anyone to hide behind. And if you are speeding and you see someone approaching you from the rear at your speed or faster, then assume it is a cop that is clocking you so slow down. There are road way stretches with no shoulders that have guard rails that only a allow a cop to catch you if he come from behind, so on roadways like that you only need to scan your rear end.

Most of the traffic was doing over 80 mph in the 65 mph. I am almost always doing over 90. I do constantly look far ahead I look for brake lights on cars ahead of me around curves and overpass. I also use WAZES it is a great app and I highly recommend it! :)
The radar detector are not my primary line of defense but more like last resort. I have a lot of friends in the sheriff dept and the highway patrol but this trooper had no Sence of humor or professional courtesy. I think it might of had something to do with a trooper being fired for letting a congressman go.
I didn't buy a Viper or a ZR1 to drive the speed limit :) but I don't drive crazy either I have been going over 100 mph only to have a rice rocket pass me on one wheel with his girlfriend hanging on the back waving at me!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he was writing you at only 89 to give you a break if you were going faster than that. 90 in a 65 could be a bad ticket. Bet 25 over is a bunch worse than 24 over.

Sorry about your tickets.

Vipers and tickets seem to go together like cops and donuts.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let me explain...

K-Diss,

All I can say is "wow"....I had never actually thought of only speeding in tunnels and on bridges....who knew?? I am definitely going to forward this post not just to all the automotive forums I visit (might as well save the rest of the humanoids from tickets) but to Gov. Jerry Brown so he understands why we need to remove all the video surveillance cameras from all the large bridges and tunnels in California. I'm sure he'll agree because it means that none of us will ever speed on any public road unless of course it's a bridge or a tunnel....hell, this is as good as done. Don't think the Governor is going to be able to help me speed on roads without shoulders since it would put a lot of CHP pilots out of work and as you know, union votes matter to politicians.

I'm going to print out 30 or 40 copies of your advice to hand out to people at Laguna Seca today....if nothing else it will probably get me free cold water and a seat in the shade as the EMT's check me out.

The next time somebody mentions they have a bridge for sale, I might consider it as drag strips are getting harder and harder to find in my area. Heck, a tunnel would be even more desirable as we could drag race when it's raining outside...brilliant!!

PeerBlocked and K-Dissed 4 Life,

George

P.S., check the classifieds later, Passport 9500 is going to be getting sold for cheap!

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I did ,is have a big new house built in western Palm Beach County, from Broward.I pull out the gate, open roads everywhere....

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VA, 20mph over speed limit or over 80mph can land you in JAIL for an entire year. It is a class 1 mis, just insane.

There is a lot wrong with VA. Illegal radar detectors, jail at over 80, toll roads at every exit off the beltway just to name a few. But they do have turnberry tower and I really love my future home in the next 6 months.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. Are you going to fight it?

Yes allready sent it to the lawyers

That's part of the reason I don't think he clocked me the number was lower than what I was really doing

I don't think that I would have posted a public admission that your actual speed was higher than the ticket was written for, and then post a copy of the ticket for reference. Some courts have heard of the internet.

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K-Diss,

All I can say is "wow"....I had never actually thought of only speeding in tunnels and on bridges....who knew?? I am definitely going to forward this post not just to all the automotive forums I visit (might as well save the rest of the humanoids from tickets) but to Gov. Jerry Brown so he understands why we need to remove all the video surveillance cameras from all the large bridges and tunnels in California. I'm sure he'll agree because it means that none of us will ever speed on any public road unless of course it's a bridge or a tunnel....hell, this is as good as done. Don't think the Governor is going to be able to help me speed on roads without shoulders since it would put a lot of CHP pilots out of work and as you know, union votes matter to politicians.

I'm going to print out 30 or 40 copies of your advice to hand out to people at Laguna Seca today....if nothing else it will probably get me free cold water and a seat in the shade as the EMT's check me out.

The next time somebody mentions they have a bridge for sale, I might consider it as drag strips are getting harder and harder to find in my area. Heck, a tunnel would be even more desirable as we could drag race when it's raining outside...brilliant!!

George

P.S., check the classifieds later, Passport 9500 is going to be getting sold for cheap!

Mr TrackAirehead, you are very angry. Who are you angry with ? Me, California, the unions, Governor Brown ?

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't think that I would have posted a public admission that your actual speed was higher than the ticket was written for, and then post a copy of the ticket for reference. Some courts have heard of the internet.

I would hope they have bigger fish to fry but The ticket will get thrown out either way and I will just have to pay court cost and no points

kratedisease

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K-Diss,

George

George, You need to stop drinking HATEORADE.

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For instance, there is no place for a cop to stay on the side on a long bridge. I never heard of anyone getting a ticket speeding across a bridge, because there is nowhere for the cop to hide.

But do be careful if there's an on-ramp leading to the bridge. In South Florida I saw a motor officer (in CB radio days known as "Evel Knievel") astride his bike, stopped halfway down the shoulder of an on-ramp, holding his radar gun waaay overhead to clock the traffic about to pass over the interstate. Like the professional hunter in Jurassic Park, I should have yelled "clever girl." He, too, would have killed and eaten me in seconds.

No, they become policemen and deputies and special agents, and flash their badges if they get pulled when off duty. "oh, sorry, stay safe bro." I miss those days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456