Noticed this when lowering car and installing big wheels, anyone else??

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 02 gts i put the ebiach lowering springs on end of last summer, now that i got rid of the 18's and have 20's i notice on the back that one side, drivers side i can hardly fit 2 fingers between tire and fender, and on the passenger side i can fit like 4 fingers in there, I got a get the car in for a wheel alighnment, but is there anything else i can adjust to make them sit more level?? I did adjust the shocks when in stalling the lowering springs so there both at the same as well. Wondering what can i do here?? Thanks alot!

Tail lights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Somethings very very screwed up there. The only thing I can think of is your spring caps Are not seated properly on the ends of your shocks. Also How did you adjust your shocks? It seems like even with the lowering caps, There should be enough Spring tension to not allow the caps to become un seated, even if the car was jacked up to change your wheels and tires, please post your fix.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming the last thing you did was step out of the car from the driver side... Repeat the measurement after bouncing the rear of the car by hand from the middle of the rear spoiler. Use some slight upper body weight to do this. Don't jump up there lol.

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought I remember reading on here before where people would lower there car and would go around and measure the distances and some were off from others.... Like say rear left has 2" from top of tire to bottom of center of fender and back right was 3.5" from top of tire to bottom of center of fender

Morenm01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have eibachs with 19/20 and mines dead level. Something is wrong with your setup or it's installed wrong.

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm a pull back wheels of when I get home and measure everything and see where the problem is at thanks

02192viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lowered my 96 gts with 20s on the back and have the same issue. I was told that on some of the gts that is just the way it is. Before I had it lowered with stock wheels, there was still a difference, but it was not as noticeable due to the huge gap in the wheel well. It is more noticeable now due to the narrow gap. All I know is, its a little painful now hitting a dip in the road when approaching triple digits!

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how is the gapping on the front wheels/hood?? seems like it could be a problem with handling/cornering if not corrected!!! are front and rear springs slightly different in size and are they interchangeable??

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Front is perfect and ya that's the same as mine with the 18"s on ya would never notice it as much with all the wheel gap!! Also I'm positive I remember reading that on here where it was a common problem a few years back, where guys would lower the car then go around and measure the heights and they would all be off!! Just wondering what people did to correct it!!

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take the rears off and swap sides and reinstall and see if the gap switches sides or gets better results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang