Now, why can't we get wheels with this offset like this car?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now, why can\'t we get wheels with this offset like this car?

I don't like the double lip on most aftermarket viper wheels, but why can't HRE do this for the Viper??

You must be registered for see images

Warren S

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Now, why can\'t we get wheels with this offset like this car?

There was once a trend (10-15 years ago) whereby mini-truckers and low riders would get the ultra-wide rims with low profile tires sticking out the fenderwells...Now don't go starting this trend for Vipers please! (just kidding, do whatcha want with your car).
laugh.gif

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah, I would hate to have that trend come back, but I wasn't thinking of it being that drastic. Have you seen the kenisis K59R's? They would look sweet! I understand that these wheels would not fit a viper? Why?

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score

AB, The wheels on that vette are called the " Martha Stewart Wheel
Package "

Why ????

Because when your wheels aren't on the car you can put them on
the stove and cook a pretty good size beaf roast in them...

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Give this Vette owner a break.
To put 335s on a Corvette, one would have to do major surgery. I looked into this extensively for my '72 as this was the kind of botched "boob job" that I was trying to avoid. If you want to keep the IRS, your options are really limited. A 285 tire will fit with moderate frame surgery, but to get a 335 in there you have to narrow the frame (and interior) and relocate the mounting points for the t-arms inward about 3". This completely screws up the cars already questionable handling. If you want to do it for the fat tire looks, OK. But you still wouldn't be able to track against a Viper in the corners.

This guy obviously couldn't find a chassis man with the "cojones" to do this, so he took the next easiest path for the Viper tires that he wanted---outward.

Some people will do anything to emulate a Viper.
Thank God I bought my '97 before I went too far.

Seifer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ownage in every possible aspect imaginable.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All it takes is a few phone calls and a fistfull of dollars. You too can have meats hanging outside your fenderwells.

The reason Vipers have such deep rear spacing is so that they can have room for reasonably long wishbones which provide better handling.

Baron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As of this week, I have officially given up on HRE. I've inquired to HRE for the last four months about their 19" R series rims (shown at the top of this page) for the viper. After being told multiple times that it will be "about 4 weeks" and then finally being told a few days ago that there are "no immediate plans for a 19x13 for a viper in the R series", I am DONE waiting on these people.

Even when I asked about the new 840 series being available for the Viper, the guy at HRE said there's "no time frame yet". Translation: "Don't count on seeing anything new for the Viper."

It's a shame there aren't more companies that make some decent rims for a viper. Looks like the only real alternative is forgeline. The 20" startechs are OK but in my opinion, the 20" diameter steps over the line and enters the "too big" zone.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

baron, I totally agree with your ideas! I too wish there were many more styles of rims to go after, the Kinesis are the only ones that I've seen so far that will go great with my combo color of viper and things on it.