NY/CT Dyno Day Sat May 30th

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian Tony unfortunately I am going to have to bail. My exhaust has dropped again and need to get it to Tators. I am worried about taking it on a long trip prior to getting it realigned and tacked in place again. Sorry about that.

Tom

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're adding a meeting spot in CT at the Starbucks in Southbury, CT at 9am and then heading down to Jannetty for the dyno. If you don't want to meet up in Southbury then head straight to Jannetty and we'll see you there are 10am.

Confirmed (for dyno):

(1.) 00VPRGTS
(2.) GregA
(3.) MKTAXMAN
(4.) SnakeBite52
(5.) Mark G.
(6.) Agent99 (Mercedes AMG)
(7.) Ccofan
(8.)
ViperTony
(9.)
(10.)

Attending/No Dyno:
- XXXBlk
- Emile
- lbstone
- Quick Silver
- MadMax93

JANNETTYRACING

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, Ted Jannetty Here.

I was planning on everyone being here 8 am, my whole crew will be here to make this go as smooth as possible, and show everyone around and answer any questions you may have.

Those who Can't make it that early I understand.

We will serve coffee and snacks all morning and lunch from 11:00 to 1:00

Tony, Thanks for putting this all together, I look forward to meeting everyone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted, we'll get there as soon as we can. I can be there before 9am and a couple of the CT guys can be there earlier as well. Maybe we'll get started early with CT folks while the rest of the folks show up shortly after. Thanks Ted.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperT, I will get there as soon as I can. Ted, thank you and welcome to the NY/CT Club looking forward to meeting you. Adrian

snakebite52

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All,
Unfortunately, I need to pull out of tomorrow's event. My daughter has been on a waiting list for a medical test and a slot opened up tomorrow morning. I feel terrible about a last minute cancellation and will be happy to cover the fee.

Sounds like a great day is lined up - hope the weather is good.

Look forward to the next event.
Mike

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any spots left for tomorrow? I would come down. Thanks,Tim from the NE Viper Club.

Tony, I sent you a pm.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,
Unfortunately, I need to pull out of tomorrow's event. My daughter has been on a waiting list for a medical test and a slot opened up tomorrow morning. I feel terrible about a last minute cancellation and will be happy to cover the fee.

Sounds like a great day is lined up - hope the weather is good.

Look forward to the next event.
Mike

Mike, not a problem at all and hope your daughter is doing well catch you the next time my friend. Adrian

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed (for dyno):
(1.) 00VPRGTS
(2.) GregA
(3.) Mark G.
(4.) Agent99 (Mercedes AMG)
(5.) Ccofan
(6.)
ViperTony
(7.) SNKBYT
(8.)
(9.)
(10.)

Attending/No Dyno:
- XXXBlk
- Emile
- lbstone
- Quick Silver
- MadMax93

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely, Plenty of Room Any last minute entries are Welcome, we have plenty of Staff to handle it.

Ted.

Ted it was great to meet you and your staff. Even though I didnt bring my Viper you made me and my kids feel more than welcome. Thanks so much! It was really funny to see the smart car on the dyno!

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted,

It was nice meeting you and your entire crew. You have a great facility and I think everyone had a good time today. To anyone that did not make it today, this place is top notch :2tu: and I think a lot of us will be back for additional work on the cars. Ted is a very knowledgable guy.

Thanks again for hosting this even and thanks to Tony for finding this place and setting it up.

-Mike

00VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some photos from today:

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_18071.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_18141.JPG

IMG_18151.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
more than i would think....

looks like a good time, sorry i had to miss it.

what were the rwhp numbers on some of the cars ?

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to Ted and to his crew for putting on a great dyno day for us. They're a class act and took great care of us yesterday. The observation room was a nice touch as we could see our Viper on the dyno and watch the computer's readings during the dyno runs. Additionally, Ted spent time with each Viper owner to review the dyno results and suggested ways to tune the Vipers a bit better. He also took us through the SCT tuning software to show us what's possible. For those of you that don't know Jannetty also tunes just about everything. Some of us will be heading back there for an SCT dyno tune.

Many thanks to all of the members that showed up. We had a great turnout and it was a blast. The star of the show was the Smart Car :rolaugh: owned by Greg and Patty (my neighbors). Some folks couldn't make this date for whatever reason but we'll try to do another dyno day later in the season. In the meantime, feel free to contact Jannetty if you'd like to get there sooner. BIG THANKS to Derek (lbstone) for giving us the heads up and feedback on Jannetty Racing. :2tu:

As for numbers, the Super Flow dyno is called the "Heartbreaker"... This dyno does not produce the highest readings. I believe the drive train loss (Ted can chime in here) is about 20%. My numbers came in at 449rwhp and 476rwtq. However, I'm running pig rich at WOT so I've got some tuning to do. On a Mustang Dyno last year my numbers were 478rwhp and 525rwtq (before rockers). Many, if not all, of the Vipers yesterday were running pig rich some even at 10 AFR with few mods (exhaust, etc) or stock.

I will be posting a BBQ run today for next Sunday 6/7 at the River View BBQ in Seymour, CT. Check the NY/CT forum later today for more info.

Last edited:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again to Ted for hosting this event for the club and to ViperTony for putting it together. It was great to see everyone and what a amazing day the shop is first class and the staff treated us very well....:2tu:....Adrian

JANNETTYRACING

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to all that came out Saturday, and Thanks to Tony for putting it all together.

My crew commented this morning and what a great time they had working with all of you!

I hope everyone got enough to eat, my wife Cheryle was on the grill most of the day, Thanks Babe!

It is always great to get together with an event like this, the comradery is what it is all about.

As far as the Dyno Goes, the Superflow is the Standard by which all other dynos are compared, it uses a Real Strain gauge to measure torque at the wheel, combined with our LASER Optical RPM information calculates HP using the Formula, Torque X RPM / 5252 = HP.

I know everyone wants to see a high number on they're ride but it is a bigger disappointment if it does not run like the dyno says it should?

Our numbers have been backed up by Drag Strip Track Performance time and time again using HP:Weight formulas, and it's 100% on the Money.

I have lower numbers on the dyno compared to others but I have Higher performance on the track and on the street where it counts, LOL!

Thanks again guys, Great Pictures also.

Ted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21