NY/CT Region Karting Event - Saturday September 10

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im out...after the dinner on friday nite with keith im going down the shore for the weekend.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott I am writting from Greece.Def in on this one. I did a track here last night with four friends.I can't tell you how fun it is.The manager almost kicked us out.We went insane.Count me in.Please email me information.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott I am writting from Greece.Def in on this one. I did a track here last night with four friends.I can't tell you how fun it is.The manager almost kicked us out.We went insane.Count me in.Please email me information.
I put you down!

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few questions.Do they sponser the helmets and what size karts do we have. If anyone needs a ride from the NY area drop me an email. I have room folr 8 people.I'm not bringing the Viper.I'll tell you all that I have many hours experience in karting.You guys are history.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BACKNBLACK:

I just called them to ask about the helmets, left message. What size Karts, I will also ask, but what's the matter? You need one with extra H.P. to have a chance against me? I can't wait to get on that track !

I'm taking the Viper.

AC

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Further Info (thanks to Andrew):

> 8:30 AM Driver's meeting / 9:30 AM Start / 1:00 PM Finish

> All safety equipment is included (Helmets and so on).

> The Karts have 9.5 H.P. Honda engines.

> Everyone has to wear shirts with sleeves long jeans and sneakers. No shorts nor sandals.

> Final cost will be determined by the number of participants, but figure $100 per person (maybe a bit less).

> There is no food included, but there is a snack bar on the premises (which may or may not be open). If closed, we will visit a great local place nearby for wings and stuff called Danny's.

Looking for another 7-8 more participants folks!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still have some spots open for anyone interested. This is a fun opportunity for a small group.

How about some of our female members? Same HP with less weight is a distinct advantage. ;)

Ladies???

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Avi:

I always make certain to post our events everywhere, so wherever you chose to post, I'll make sure you get acknowledged.

Anyway, the event cost will be no more than $100. Depending on the number of participants, it should be between $85 and $100.

So can I put you down?

And where's Tiger and Dana? This is a perfect couples event (although with the weight savings, she might kick his butt).

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee its right around the corner from the other end of the state.6-7 hours,350-370 miles or so.Anyone out there remember us?At least the last admn. held an event once in a while at the halfway point. GTS Bruce

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Avi:
Anyway, the event cost will be no more than $100. Depending on the number of participants, it should be between $85 and $100.

So can I put you down?
Count me in. BTW, I'm only 150lbs, so I don't mind starting from the back of the grid since I'll win it hands down. :D Adrian, better get on that diet soon. 95lbs is a lot to lose in 2 weeks. :D

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bruce maybe you should take that up with the upstate directors and not try to derail the post.I am sure they are open to you great ideas.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee its right around the corner from the other end of the state.6-7 hours,350-370 miles or so.Anyone out there remember us?At least the last admn. held an event once in a while at the halfway point. GTS Bruce
I've send you a PM, Bruce, with the hope that I can turn your "angst" into some positive results. This is certainly off topic for this thread, but you're right. It's virtually impossible to handle a region that stretches 400 miles from both east to west and north to south. This issue is EXACTLY why we've got 14 officers, directors and coordinators.

Is there a Kart Track in WNY? If so, get me and the WNY directors the details and it's a done deal! :2tu:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey, good idea. There should be someone further upstate who can stand up and set up an event without sitting and waiting for the lower NY guys to do it for them.

We can't have events where we want them all the time. If you think it is a good one, and want to attend, make the drive. If not, don't come or set up something for yourselves for the upper NY guys, and maybe we lower NY guys will choose to attend or not just like you. It's not a big deal, just make the choice but don't expect it to always be good for everyone.

I didn't go to last VOI. Wasn't good for me, but I didn't bit*h.

AC

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry.I had NO idea there were directors and coordinators across the state.Just this past weekend we were at the Ontario,NY,Pa and Ohio event,rendezvous,rib fest and carshow.Thought it was locally organized.Labor day there is a cruise to the finger lakes and a wine tour.Is this being coordinated with you guys or is this one local?It could be a nice event.Any of you guys get invites?Possibly more coordination may be needed.Who are the upstate directors coordinators? Bruce

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry.I had NO idea there were directors and coordinators across the state.Just this past weekend we were at the Ontario,NY,Pa and Ohio event,rendezvous,rib fest and carshow.Thought it was locally organized.Labor day there is a cruise to the finger lakes and a wine tour.Is this being coordinated with you guys or is this one local?It could be a nice event.Any of you guys get invites?Possibly more coordination may be needed.Who are the upstate directors coordinators? Bruce
Sheesh Bruce, please remind me to give you a good smack in the head next time I see you. ;)

Here's the list of 15 officers, directors and coordinators. You should note that 5 are located "upstate" just so that we can get things going up there. Dan Lesser is your man. He's just finished representing us (the NY/CT VCA Region) at the WNY - Quaker State and Lube Event in Erie, PA on August 27 which we co-sponsored thanks to his, Pat Chapin and Chris Ronald's efforts.

Here's our upcoming events: September and October.

Present Dan or any of us with an event suggestion...and watch us run with it!

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One event that shouldn't be to far for anyone is the 9-11 trip to the WTC site.

I promise that if Niagra Falls is ever dried up by terrorists, I will drive up to commemorate. GFB

AC