O2 heater code being thrown

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting P0135 and P0155 that relate to my o2 heater circuit. Is this something I should be concerned about? Can I just clear it and make it go away? Please advise. Thanks!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most likely an 02 sensor heater has gone bad. You will most likely need to get replaced. The computer will start to run the car richer to protect the engine. The car will start to run worst.

I just went through this about two months ago.

OP
OP
C

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to sound cheap (but I am unemployed right now)...how much do you think it would cost to replace a faulty O2 sensor?

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went thru this also... Its easy to do yourself but you will need to know
which one is giving the code... there are four sensors, two in the front
(left,right side) and two in the rear (left,right side)

you'll need a 7/8 wrench, they are pretty easy to get out as they come pre-packed with anti sieze goop.

Also, the front sensors have different part numbers than the rear ones and
they cost around $100 at the dealer...

To find them just jack up the car and follow the exhaust from the head towards the back of the car... you'll see them pretty quick...

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With my header install I started to get the same codes.The o2`s were fine until I moved them 10" downstream.The 135/155 codes are for the front right and left 02`s(I am pretty sure).Does the code put the pcm in limp mode?I cleared the codes using my sct tuner but they come back after awhile.Any ideas other than replacing them(I cant see how they both went bad at the same time)?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've been told, the '00-'02 will throw a "heat" code because they're too far away from heat source. They like the heat. You can wrap some heat/exhaust tape around the base of the O2's and before and after the O2. That'll keep the "heat" in. Or you can go to the "quick fires".

See what I learnt Chuck!!:D

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read this thread - just solved it the other day.

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/625012-calling-all-viper-wizards.html

Also, take this note to heart - it's not necessarily ideal in the 00-02 cars to start it and let it sit. DC actually suggested starting it and beginning your drive - just gently at first, until the engine comes up to temp. Or at least, hold the throttle to maybe about 1,500 RPM's after starting until the heat gauge starts to climb. The P0135 and P0155 code sets within the first minute or so of operation - it's ******** because the sensors haven't seen the heat the PCM thinks it should see. So give it some extra heat (wrapping the exhaust helps - I did that too) and the quick-fire O2's from DC also. Two days now (many miles) and no codes.

Whereas the codes being thrown won't necessarily cause a problem, it WILL richen the mixture. The PCM returns to a default setting because it doesn't think it can trust the O2's. So by not dealing with the issue, you'll burn more gas.

The Quick-Fire O2's are $99 from DCperformance (call to order) and the heat shielding is available at Advance Auto Parts (made by DEI) and costs $42 for 2"x50' and the metal restraining straps are like, $10 bucks.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte