@@@ OFFICIAL VOI-10 CARAVAN THREAD - Tuesday Aug. 26th @@@

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should plan to depart at 8 AM. So probably meet there around 7:30, gassed up and ready to go.

Bernie, you still have my cell phone number? I still have yours.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen some pretty big trailers/trucks in the park and ride before. I don't have any experience towing anything that long and would hate to make a comment one way or the other, however, given that the parallel road is and access road to a RV/Motorhome/Trailer Storage facility I would say odds are very good that there will be no problems. If I were pulling a trailer though, I might be inclined to pull into the left side of the park and ride since there is another exit on that end which will dump you right back onto 144 in the opposite direction you came from which coincidentally is the direction we will be going to get back onto I-70 West.

The opening into the Park and Ride is nice and wide and they have left a decent amount of open space to enable a trailer to be turned with ease. If anyone wants any additional pictures, let me know. I drove by there again today and looked over and there were a ton of open spaces.

Have we officially changed our meeting location?

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
7:30Am, man that means I am going to have to pry my wife out of bed to leave at 4AM. Yipes, I hope she can sleep on the way. See you guys Tuesday. Kelly I do not have your cell number as my old phone took a pooper. Please call me or pm me so I do have it.
Kelly please send me the address to the Park and Ride so I can Google Maps it.

Thanks,

Bernie

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, what time do you want to meet up to make the journey to Frederick? Could take awhile with traffic. I was thinkin' about 6:00 at CFA. Sound OK?

Bernie, workin' on an address for the P&R now...will come in PM with contact info.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, what time do you want to meet up to make the journey to Frederick? Could take awhile with traffic. I was thinkin' about 6:00 at CFA. Sound OK?

Bernie, workin' on an address for the P&R now...will come in PM with contact info.

I assume we'll take Rt 15. I've never driven that way during morning rush hour. If you think we need an hour and a half to play it safe, so be it. I would rather leave NOVA at noon, but I'm guessing that makes an 0800 departure from Frederick somewhat problamatic.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume we'll take Rt 15. I've never driven that way during morning rush hour. If you think we need an hour and a half to play it safe, so be it. I would rather leave NOVA at noon, but I'm guessing that makes an 0800 departure from Frederick somewhat problamatic.

Unless your Viper can make time go backwards, I'd say that's probably a tough one. :lmao:

It's a pretty good drive even without traffic, and we probably ought to get there around 7:30 so we're not showing up right as we're supposed to be heading out to Detroit. 6:30 should do the trick.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unless your Viper can make time go backwards, I'd say that's probably a tough one. :lmao:

It's a pretty good drive even without traffic, and we probably ought to get there around 7:30 so we're not showing up right as we're supposed to be heading out to Detroit. 6:30 should do the trick.

I saw Superman. We just have to drive really fast in the oppostie direction of earth rotation and time moves backwards. based on the way you drive, the speed shouldn't be much of an issue. :drive:

CFA at 0630 - deal

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw Superman. We just have to drive really fast in the oppostie direction of earth rotation and time moves backwards. based on the way you drive, the speed shouldn't be much of an issue. :drive:

CFA at 0630 - deal

Well, the way he drives and the HP your car has, you both should be okay. Besides, I saw a delorian do it, and it was only going 88 mph!!!

Hope you guys have fun and are "safe." Wish I were headed out with you.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, the way he drives and the HP your car has, you both should be okay. Besides, I saw a delorian do it, and it was only going 88 mph!!!

Hope you guys have fun and are "safe." Wish I were headed out with you.

A "REAL" Viper owner and VCA member, someone who drives a black vert which EVERYONE agrees is the best of Viperdom, would not be wishing, he would be driving to Detroit with us.

:bonker:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this "REAL" Viper Owner, VCA Member and driver of a black vert has bills to pay and trials to conduct (and a boss that doesn't get the whole Viper thing).

I'll be there in spirit (i.e. - looking at my pics from my CAAP tour while you guys are actually there).

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this "REAL" Viper Owner, VCA Member and driver of a black vert has bills to pay and trials to conduct (and a boss that doesn't get the whole Viper thing).

I'll be there in spirit (i.e. - looking at my pics from my CAAP tour while you guys are actually there).

Maybe you're just not properly selling the whole Viper thing to the boss. Take him for a top down, 120 MPH ride.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you're just not properly selling the whole Viper thing to the boss. Take him for a top down, 120 MPH ride.

No, his exact words were "I just don't get the whole thing of people hanging out with their cars, especially when they all drive the same thing." And this was just when I tried to show him the crab feast video, which should just about sell ANYONE on the joys of Viperdom!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly

i heard from an Bob and Oh member that 75N is closed once we get into MI. do we have an alternate route to avoid construction or closures? thanks

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D,

They gave alternate directions in the packet to avoid the I-75 construction. Can't recall the route at the moment, but it was mentioned in the packet.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, his exact words were "I just don't get the whole thing of people hanging out with their cars, especially when they all drive the same thing." And this was just when I tried to show him the crab feast video, which should just about sell ANYONE on the joys of Viperdom!

You need a new boss

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys if anyone is still in need of a helmet, I picked up a nice Bell Sport III at OG Racing (OG Racing) for $250 on clearance. They have much nicer/more expensive helmets too, and they RENT helmets as well.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly,

Count me in! Would like to join your group for the ride. I'm coming from Pittsburgh I-79N to I-80W. I will be jumping on I-80W on exit 19. Are you planning any stops around there?

Thanks - Brian

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly,

Count me in! Would like to join your group for the ride. I'm coming from Pittsburgh I-79N to I-80W. I will be jumping on I-80W on exit 19. Are you planning any stops around there?

Thanks - Brian

Excellent! We're meeting up with the NY/CT contingent at the Portage rest stop on the Ohio turnpike (milepost 197, between exits 193 and 209) at around 1:30 PM. That stop looks to be about 50 or so miles West of the 79/80 interchange. You should get ahold of Dimitrios from the NY/CT group and jump in with them as they pass by you. They'll probably hit the 79/80 interchange between 11 and noon. Otherwise, you can join us at that rest stop around 1:00-1:30.

Glad you're joining us Brian!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted on the Motor City Forum to get an alternate route due to the construction of I-75 North. I was given a link to M-DOT. Michigan DOT recommends getting off on I-275 Norht and then hopping on I-94 East. We can then hop on M10 to get to the hotels.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted on the Motor City Forum to get an alternate route due to the construction of I-75 North. I was given a link to M-DOT. Michigan DOT recommends getting off on I-275 Norht and then hopping on I-94 East. We can then hop on M10 to get to the hotels.

I looked at MDOT's site too...seems like most of the state of Michigan is under road-construction right now. :D

275 to 94 was my thought as well. It sounds like we'd be in trouble following the 'alternate route' directions included in the VOI packet. They don't get us off of 75 soon enough.