Oh crap! I set my alarm and don't have a remote transmitter or FOB

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh crap! I set my alarm and don\'t have a remote transmitter or FOB

I took my battery out tonight to do some thorough cleaning and when I hooked the battery back up I set the alarm. Of course when I bought the car the dealer didn't have the FOB. Actually I didn't know the car even came with one so I didn't think to ask. Now what do I do? I emailed Chuck Tator hoping he can get me another FOB. Will that work? Anything I can do in the meantime? I'm affraid to open the door or even put the back wheel back on because I don't want the alarm sounding for 20 minutes 'til it shuts off. CRAP!

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Oh crap! I set my alarm and don\'t have a remote transmitter or FOB

On my 99 ACR their is a alarm disable switch in the center compartment (between the seats) the key switch is located in the top of the compartment. Just stick your key in and turn it to disarm the alarm.

GoldMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wish you had posted this earlier today....

I did the same thing today with my 2000 RT/10 & had to call the dealer to get that answer. Luckily my top was off & I could climb in the car & get to the console "glove/storage" compartment & use my key in the remote bypass key switch. If you can't get in the car, maybe you can reach the "emergency" exit door handle, the alarm will go off, but the door will open & you can get then get to the console key for the remote bypass.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unfortunately, 95's don't have that alarm override switch.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I accidentally locked the Viper the day I picked it up and the remote was not working at the time. The solution was to unlock the rear window and reach in and open the release latch.
Had to hold both buttons on remote for ten seconds to get it working again. Apparently this happens whenever you remove battery power, so good thing to know about.

GTS-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I lost a key with its fob. Where do I get a replacement?

OP
OP
N

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I picked up and new FOB today at the dealer. Doesn't do me any good though. The alarm is still set and the FOB is not programmed to the car. Please don't tell me I'm gonna have to have this car towed to the dealer to have them program the FOB. God what a pain in the A$$!

OP
OP
N

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Okay, I got the FOB working. I did the green wire method and it worked great. One question though. Is the FOB supposed to actually unlock the doors? All mine does is arm and dis-arm the alarm system. What did I do wrong?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nat- Thats all your FOB does. Glad you got it worked out quickly.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No, it doesn't unlock the doors. It's just for the alarm. You can put in door actuators and program them to the fob!!!! Did that in my 94, it rocks!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Tomas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Åland Islands (Baltic Sea Hawaii), FINLAND

Hello everyone

I can´t get the "click here" link work? Can someone PM or email me the instructions. I must also get one new alarm transmitter to my car and like to know how im program it.

thanks

regards

Tomas