Oh, joy!!

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I took my GTS apart last month to correct a temperature issue, I found silicone on the thermostat housing gasket. I just mistakenly thought the last person in there put it in without knowing not to. WRONG! I got everything back together with new thermostat, radiator and water pump and when driving in traffic I could smell coolant very faintly. Finally found a very small puddle just to the front pass side of the thermostat housing. BUMMER. I guess whoever put the last thermostat in the car buggered up the surface on the block ever so slightly. Oh well, I guess I need the practice pulling and reinstalling the intake anyway. Plus, now i have to silicone the gasket too. Just thought I'd whine a bit. Art

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, life just got worse!! On my way to a dinner date last night cruising I-30 in Fort Worth in the middle lane with a car on both sides and one behind and lo and behold------a piece of a blown out truck tire right in the middle of my lane. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a wild guess. My Vette and my company truck were both at the house.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, life just got worse!! On my way to a dinner date last night cruising I-30 in Fort Worth in the middle lane with a car on both sides and one behind and lo and behold------a piece of a blown out truck tire right in the middle of my lane. DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!

Well I hope there wasn't any damage.
I've been saying for years that somebody needs to put a stop to those stupid truck re-treads. They're not foolproof and they blow apart. A few months ago I saw a piece of rubber on the road that must have weighed like 50 lbs... I swear that thing was 6 feet long by a foot and a half across... really thick chunk of rubber.
Imagine if you were on a motorcyle last night.

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I hope there wasn't any damage.
I've been saying for years that somebody needs to put a stop to those stupid truck re-treads. They're not foolproof and they blow apart. A few months ago I saw a piece of rubber on the road that must have weighed like 50 lbs... I swear that thing was 6 feet long by a foot and a half across... really thick chunk of rubber.
Imagine if you were on a motorcyle last night.

It scarred up the bottom of the front fascia pretty badly and ripped the lower lip almost completely off. Looks like my Christmas present to myself will be a new fascia. There's about $2500 I didn't really want to spend right now. Oh well. (sigh) The company I work for has about 30 semi trucks and trailers and when we need tires, we buy new.

Last edited:

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Retread tires make no sense, and your company is smart to by new. I've seen them blow off trucks, and it is pretty spectacular to see. And something you don't want to be next to when it happens.

Sounds like its insurance claim time for that amount of damage. Have you been able to see if everything under your Viper is okay?

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't get home till about 8:30 last night and the Vette is on the lift right now. I only have a 2 bay shop. I'll get the GTS up on the lift tonight and have a good look. I haven't had an insurance claim for about 12 years, so I think this might just have to be my next. Crap!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang