Oil Change?

Discussion in 'Washington State' started by TonyCool, Jul 27, 2012.

1. TonyCool

TonyCool Viper Owner

For oil change, and regular maintenance. Do you do it yourself? or do you take your car somewhere else and if so where?

Thanks,
    Tony

2. Allan

Allan Viper Owner

The Viper is very friendly to service / work on compared to other cars. I think most guys do their own oil changes.

3. johniew398

johniew398 Enthusiast

I gave that up a long time before I got the Viper. I have a local dealer do it and they are an exception to othe dealers I read about.

4. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West

Not hard to do, but the car has to be perfectly level to get all the old oil out, if not you can be left with a quart or more still in the pan.

5. C-Note

C-Note Viper Owner

It is a little hard to do without a car lift...

6. Green Viper

Green Viper Viper Owner

Back in the late 90s I took my Viper to the Pennzoil place off 202 in Redmond, brought my own oil and filter, he charged ~$20 plus tax. Always did a great job and was social too as he owned a couple of muscle cars and the shop owner had an older corvette.

Just went to Jiffy Lube with the 300 SRT8 and while they did a great job, I think the service should have come with a payment plan.

7. Green Viper

Green Viper Viper Owner

One other option, the MOPAR facebook page just had some coupons that give you a discount at the dealer. Again normally they exclude the Viper and Hemi cars but if you bring your own oil they usually honor the coupons.

Here is the link to the coupons.
    http://www.facebook.com/mopar

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  8. Longdaddy

Longdaddy Viper Owner

it is the easiest car to work on out of all cars I ever dealt with. the access to the drain plug and filter is very easy. Also, after changing trans fluid in a corvette a few times, I can level any car perfectly on 4 mismatched jacks, bricks, bits of firewood, stacks of old brake rotors, you name it :)

i would never take a car to most dealerships for something that's doable in my garage (even for warranty-covered repairs), especially a car I drive at the track. I've see them work and I've seen results of their work. No thank you.