Oil Leak Fixed!!!

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well a couple of weeks ago I put a couple of pictures on the forum and asked you guys what you thought might be the source of my oil leak.

Thank you so much for all of your replies! You guys are so willing to help!:D

I tried to fix all the suggestion and could not get the oil to stop leaking.

I fixed the screws, took the oil pan off and resealed the gasket. Still oil leaking from the front of the pan.

So I took it into the shop I always use. They added some die and sure enough the oil pan was leaking from the front.

Ordered a new aluminum oil pan gasket(much better that the all rubber one I had on there!)

And guess what? Still leaking. Finally they figured out it was the Timing cover gasket!!! Of Course!!!:omg:

So they fixed it AND get this! Since they misdiagnosed it the first time they gave me the labor for the Timing cover gasket for FREE!!!:2tu:

So new oil pan gagsket-Timing cover gasket(plus two other gaskets-oil filter and another one) and labor for Oil pan and Gasket $400 (plus big tip!);)

Not bad.

They called Chuck to get the parts and Chuck helped them locate some that he had on back order I believe. But I am so excited about getting her back today!:rolaugh:

I have been reading the Forum/ scanning GTS pictures and reading my new Motor Trend every day! It's funny how much you realize you love your Viper when you don't get to see it for a while!!!

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck diagnosed and fixed my timing chain leak correctly, after others had misdiagnosed. One tech wanted to pull the whole motor to the tune of several K dollars. Helps to go to where the experience is. Chuck found the problem in five minutes.

Bravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. I've got one on my SRT Ram that has stumped me, me, and some of the best.
Bout quarter sized wet spot on the floor, near the back of the motor. 4k miles....
I've used brakekleen and baby powder and all the tricks. It must just be a porus block.
Anybody ever warranty an engine for unsolveable leak, or should I just think of the vipertruck as an leaking ww2 b-17 (kind of sounds like one).