Ok... Im jealous!

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad bought a brand new Red SRT/10 over the weekend and I got to drive it last night. I have to say it is a cut above my 99 RT/10. Its funny, it feels the same as my 99, but yet different in better way.

First off, the brakes are amazing. The car feels tighter than mine, not that mine feels sloppy but it just has a more raw feel than the new one. Dodge has definetly refined the beast but not in a way that makes it feel more tame. I love how the side exhaust burbles when you let off the gas. I didn't really get on it (way too new!) but I floored it in second gear up to about 4-4300 RPM and it feels like my 99 would if I could push the gas pedal down another inch or two. Not much faster but noticable.
The fit and finish/ergonomics are a definite improvement over the old car but I still think the old car looks a little more aggressive than the new one. Hopefully by the end of this summer I have my new SRT! :2tu:

OP
OP
M

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man.. I wish I could. Only problem is a brand new house and the wife wanting to start populating the house with the pitter-patter of little feet.

Maybe I need to re-check my priorities :D

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy your toys before the kids come. That's what I did. Remember, the rule is never be have a house empty of a toy, otherwise the wifey will get use to that although you will never. I sold my vette when the baby came along in 96. I followed a friend's advice (above), and bougth the nsx almost immediately. Eventhough I was ready to trade long ago, I kept it until last year so that I could trade up to the snake. If I had sold it when I was tired of it a couple years back, you think the wifey would be happy that I bought this snake? ACtually, the wife loves the viper....but that is a different story.

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a new Viper, the wife got a new puppy...seems like a fair deal to me!

Yeah, but then didn't the wife get a 911 soon thereafter? :D So David, how does the 911 compares to the snake, seriously?

OP
OP
M

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant tell yet. I really didnt get into to hard since its new but from what I did do in it, I think should.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4