Old tires question

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OE were polished. The ad says they're polished. And yes, they are very lightweight. Just got some in from JonB that I'm mounting some new Kumho for a local member. Yes again, I think he paid less than the e-bay set. FYI.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are they not? Polished Alum? Did I get taken?

No OE Viper wheel has ever come with "factory" Chrome.

As far as "taken" ...if you try to please support the club sponsors here, instead of flea-bay anonymous sellers, you are more likley to get accurate Viper info (priceless) before you buy; and products at a fair price, [or maybe even a lower price, as flea-bay was $100 high.]

F

FrgMstr

No OE Viper wheel has ever come with "factory" Chrome.

As far as "taken" ...if you try to please support the club sponsors here, instead of flea-bay anonymous sellers, you are more likley to get accurate Viper info (priceless) before you buy; and products at a fair price, [or maybe even a lower price, as flea-bay was $100 high.]

Noted.

I am looking for lugs for those wheels in black. Can you help me out there?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I guess this means no one's interested in the "old used tires with plenty of tread" I have listed in the classifieds? Not even those that can drive their car conservatively who know the limitations of the rubber they're driving on based upon known road/weather conditions??? anyone? :lmao::lmao:

Beuller?, Beuller? :D

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I guess this means no one's interested in the "old used tires with plenty of tread" I have listed in the classifieds? Not even those that can drive their car conservatively who know the limitations of the rubber they're driving on based upon known road/weather conditions??? anyone? :lmao::lmao:

I tracked my C4 vette with 10 year old Yokohama 315s (four corners) with good success - it's just that they were a bit harder than later compounds and therefore slid a little bit sooner - but they were 'safe' as there was no weather cracking in sidewalls - that's what tech checks look for at the track. This being said, always consider newer (stickier) rubber when you can afford it, but wear those old suckers down to the strips - don't waste 'em. There are also chemicals that can be applied to older, safe (again no cracks in sidewall) tires that make them sticky again - just check with the drag racing stores - stuff works on street tires too, you know ;)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When you are on the track, you are 110% alert, driving at the tires limits, and actually 'safer' than on the street. You are anticipating that these crappy, hard tires are gonna have less grip.

The problem arises on the street or highway....where debris appears from nowhere, or a wet spot in a curve, or an animal, or a blue-hair Buick, or an idiot. You cannot go evasive, or brake as safely as with new rubber. Old tires WONT do what you need them to do, at ABSOLUTELY the worst time.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used to buy old street tires for tracking. They were perfect for getting lotsa seat time on a budget particularly in a non-ABS Viper. I love the feel of fresh rubber on the street though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper