Ordering a 2009 ACR Tomorrow

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Debating on a few options, like the '******** package', which is a radio-delete and less sound-material. 40 lbs reduction.

My salesman tried to order the two-tone interior, but the site wouldn't allow it when ordering the driver-side stripe. Hmmmm.

There were some dashboard options. One was called something like 'arc bezels'. Not sure what that means, but it appears that it's a mandatory option. Hmmmm.

As far as the exterior is concerned, I think I like the white with the black center and a red stripe. Similar to the one pictured on this site's home page (it has an orange stripe).

Any comments and/or advice would be appreciated.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't do the ********. The car has plenty of power, its more an issue of weight distribution and setup to make it fast as possible. Also, it isn't a race car, so keep some amenities. When or if you decide to put a cage in the car, you can take the carpets out and put them in storage for resale (some people will want them). Just my 2c. Good luck with it. I know they don't estimate delivery dates, so what are you thinking? Next Spring, Summer or Fall depending on color I guess? Sure you don't want to grab an 08 at a discount this Winter?

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How often do you listen to the radio in your current Viper? For me it would be an easy decision to order the *********. Also as I recall the radio delete option makes room for an additional gauge etc.

OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
True. Both points are valid. There is no charge for the ******** option, but you'd think they'd offer some money back because they get to keep a complete stereo system.

I'll probably get the radio because in a sense it's 'free'. I don't listen to the radio much, but I do occasionally listen to some Mario Del Monaco. :)

I'm not expecting delivery any time soon. Roanoke has a new 08, but it's all black with a red stripe. I'm really liking the black/white/red combination though, so it'll be worth waiting for.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. Both points are valid. There is no charge for the ******** option, but you'd think they'd offer some money back because they get to keep a complete stereo system.

I'll probably get the radio because in a sense it's 'free'. I don't listen to the radio much, but I do occasionally listen to some Mario Del Monaco. :)

I'm not expecting delivery any time soon. Roanoke has a new 08, but it's all black with a red stripe. I'm really liking the black/white/red combination though, so it'll be worth waiting for.

The ******** option comes with a laptimer in place of the stereo.

Personally the ******** is the only way to go. What does anyone need hood mats and trunk mats for? And if you want a floor mat you can get those from a number of places but I really don't see much necessity for those either.

The only need for a radio is for long distance cruising. The only argument for or against is that the lap timer might could be a little better so going with an aftermarket lap timer might be an option.

My ACR will be ********...both of them. :)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want the two tone interior you can order it with the twin stripe option, that's what I did. A white ACR with dual red stripes and a red and black interior would be stunning!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would only order the ACR in ********. Those will be the more sought after versions down the road.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am contemploating removing the stereo from my Gen II and putting a portable GPS unit that can record speeds in place of the radio if that helps.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent an email to ViperGal, as I believe her hubby has arc bezel...maybe she can show a pic of it?
DEF the ******** package...if we COULD drive an ACR around here, that's what we'd go for! BUT, obviously, get what YOU are comfortable with! GOOD LUCK! ~juli

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some light arc bezel shots. We really like how it breaks everything up - particularly on a car with a lighter exterior and having had so many of this gen.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd buy the "******** Package", but I don't consider myself practical when it comes to performance cars. It's like the old L-88 Vettes, nothing else like them except the ******** ACR. Oh, before I forget Congratulations, I envy your position.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've decided to get the black w/red stripe. It just screams words like 'supercar', 'sinister', 'batmobile' etc.

I'm waiting for my sales guy to call me. He's waiting on the Viper Rep to call him back.

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds cool! You might have a 12 month wait (give or take) ahead of you. Check out the "excited owners in D status" thread.

rocman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After looking at these pictures, I think black w/red stripe is the ticket. I have a few hours left to decide.
First Drive: 2008 Dodge Viper ACR - Autoblog

That's actually my car. It still looked good after a 2400 mile drive home. Woodhouse got some free advertising with that article as well. :D

I would definitely get the ******** package. I actually ordered the HC package, but something happened and the car did not come with it. Oh well, it's no big deal, and the radio was a life saver for the trip home.

OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on a brand new 2008 ACR, black w/red-stripe at Roanoke. It doesn't have the ******** package unfortunately, but I couldn't stand the thought of waiting many months for an 09.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would only order the ACR in ********. Those will be the more sought after versions down the road.
The most sought after ones down the road will be the ones with the least amount of miles and in the best condition.

OP
OP
toomanymodz

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I should be receiving it hopefully by next Friday (being shipped from IL to FL). You bet I'll be posting some pics. I'll be all over that car like the Paparazzi on Brittany Spears.