Ouch!!!! Anybody Here ?

OP
OP
V

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever I see stuff like this it makes me think how a curb can pretty much destroy my car. When I'm in my other favorite weekend I toy I look for stuff like that to bounce off of at 35-40mph just for the fun of it:D Even my Jeep Grand cherokee wouldn't blink going over that...

You must be registered for see images attach

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'It's not that bad...'

Of course it's not, the curb was just fine. The car not so much.

I never want to see a Viper going four wheeling again. Every scrape gave me shivers down my spine.

--RS

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you hear the passenger side sill drag across the curb I did not even want to watch

ohio_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would hope that a VCA member/enthusiast would be smart enough not to let a 16 year old drive their Viper.

I am letting BOTH my sons drive my Viper as their first official car when they get their license. They won't get past 2k RPM in 2nd gear but it will be their first "official" drive. How many people can say a Viper was the first car they drove?

Last edited:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am letting BOTH my sons drive my Viper as their first official car when they get their license. They won't get past 2 RPM in 2nd gear but it will be their first "official" drive. How many people can say a Viper was the first car they drove?

First.. and last.

Man, my bro parked too close to the curb and cracked my chin spoiler near the driver front tire, he is older than me!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am letting BOTH my sons drive my Viper as their first official car when they get their license. They won't get past 2 RPM in 2nd gear but it will be their first "official" drive. How many people can say a Viper was the first car they drove?

I hope you are referring to Xbox:drive:

ohio_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nope, the real thing......1994.....currently only has 5900 miles on it.

What is the big deal, its not like I am going to let them run it up to 4000 rpm and dump the clutch.....it will be very controlled, and they will be able to say for the rest of their lives that drove a Viper as their first car after getting their license.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
"What is the big deal...?"...well, it's your car and your family. If you have had the opportunity to review dozens of Viper "misadventures", you might conclude that 2nd gear events rank HIGH on the list of associated factors...and, that 2000 rpm is a plenty of torque...enough to spin out easily if not both careful and experienced. I would also add that while it is common knowledge that many Viper accidents occur on freeway entrance ramps, we have seen several occur in clear weather where an experienced Viper driver was merely leaving his own driveway. All of that said, I do appreciate the family bonding/hobby factor here...but, being OLD and having spent most of my life "repairing" people, I usually recommend a structured, well crafted approach to such a vehicular introduction.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/630445-Keeping-new-Viper-owners-SAFE-a-How-To

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Between driving karts and my Jeep off road, my 16 year old's first 'on road' drive will not be that much of a thrill for him. Especially not lugging my Viper around a parking lot. Lol.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like front fascia damage; perhaps hood strut alignment off; right front wheel scrape; possibly some damage to right front suspension components but not necessarily so; perhaps a dent in the oil pan; and the underside of the side bolsters scraped. Where do you see any indication of "massive damage". It appears to have been a low speed, low impact event since the air bag did not deploy.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like front fascia damage; perhaps hood strut alignment off; right front wheel scrape; possibly some damage to right front suspension components but not necessarily so; perhaps a dent in the oil pan; and the underside of the side bolsters scraped. Where do you see any indication of "massive damage". It appears to have been a low speed, low impact event since the air bag did not deploy.
Also looked like it was leaking fluid in the front after they pulled it out. Probably did as much damage pulling it out as was done going in.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gen 1, so no air bags to deploy. I do agree though that it doesn't look that bad.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good catch on the Gen I not having air bags. If it had A/C, and the Gen I, like the Gen II, has the A/C freon tubing running in back of the fascia on the bottom, that may have been affected also. When I had my Gen II and rubbed the bottom of the front fascia on a parking stop, a couple of times, it damaged the freon tube and I got a small leak.

ohio_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"What is the big deal...?"...well, it's your car and your family. If you have had the opportunity to review dozens of Viper "misadventures", you might conclude that 2nd gear events rank HIGH on the list of associated factors...and, that 2000 rpm is a plenty of torque...enough to spin out easily if not both careful and experienced. I would also add that while it is common knowledge that many Viper accidents occur on freeway entrance ramps, we have seen several occur in clear weather where an experienced Viper driver was merely leaving his own driveway. All of that said, I do appreciate the family bonding/hobby factor here...but, being OLD and having spent most of my life "repairing" people, I usually recommend a structured, well crafted approach to such a vehicular introduction.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/630445-Keeping-new-Viper-owners-SAFE-a-How-To

Thanks for the link.....that is the best advice provided so far, wish I'd had it when I let a former GF get behind the wheel......she damn near lost it before I could get her slowed down, no respect for the machine at all......hence the word "former".......

For the boys, these young men have been passengering in this Viper for 4 years now. They've both "felt" the beast and how raw it is.....they respect it.....

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ohio viper, thanks for the update. Ohio VCA has a great group of folks in the Club, a very dynamic and fun. I hope that you and the family decide to join the VCA. Of course, you are also welcome at our IN/KY events as well. Iwish you and your sons the very best...ENJOY your Viper !!

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The front horns may be bent so an insurance company could call it totaled.
You would need to look at the frame on the passenger side to see how bad the frame is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950