P0201 code popped up with service engine soon light

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has had this come up and what it was. The code is for #1 cylinder injector. The connection to the injector is not damaged or cracked and appears to be perfect. I took the connector off and cleaned it just to make sure so Im suspecting the injector is shot. It definitely runs a little rough and is down on power slightly so I know the injector is not working but Im wondering if there is an easy way to tell if its the connector or the injector?

Thanks.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Test the injector for basic function with a 12-volt battery across its terminals- you should hear it click.

Test the wiring from the PCM to the Injector with am ohmmeter, and test the connector with an ohmmeter across the ASD & injector trigger wire at the PCM. If the resistance changes when you jiggle the wiring or connector, or if it is overly high to start... you found your problem.

Be very skeptical of any wiring that has been altered in the past with something like a VEC2 or VEC3, etc...

OP
OP
R

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I checked the injector itself and it clicks away when I add 12V power to it. Wiggled all the lines and made sure the connections were good. Everything looks good. Cleared the codes and started it again and the service light came on again. So now I know its somewhere in the wire or the connection. I can test the connector no problem but where do I acccess the wires from the PCM to test them? I dont suppose anybody has any pictures of where they are and any advice on the easiest way to do this? I can see at the back of the engine where the wiring harness for the wires to the injectors goes. It looks like it joins with a plug and then goes towards the drivers side in to a maze of wires that are all wrapped up. It does not look like anything has ever been messed with or hooked to a VEC. Any more help would be great. If its just the connector can I buy just that and splice it in or do I have to replace the entire wiring harness?

Thanks,

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Easiest way is to just access the wiring at the PCM connector.

Yes, you can get connectors and splice kits.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully our phone call got the problem sorted out?

Sparkplug reading give valuable info and switching injectors between cylinders is an easy way to test the injector by seeing if the problem changes cylinders with the injector.

Ted