Paging all drag racers/ Vettes vs Vipers Shootout

9-Sec C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm organizing a big Tuner shootout over on corvetteforum.com , I would like to invite Vipers to come race in our Renegade(Naturally Aspirated), Outlaw(1-Power-Adder),and Unlimited(Multiple-Power-Adder) classes , you will be running against C5 Corvettes . This is for the serious drag racer and will be heads up racing , no brackets. All of the Vettes will be on ET Streets or Hoosier slicks , no street tires allowed in these classes. The event will be February 21 in Jackson,SC . There will be Vettes coming from Texas, Florida and the Northeast. Come on out and have some fun. Here is the track info http://www.carolinadragway.com/ I'm hoping some serious Vipers show up , there will be 9 and 10 Second Vettes in these classes , There will be magazine coverage and possibly TV coverage.

OP
OP

9-Sec C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, 82 views and no replies , where are all these 7-800+rwhp cars at ?

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are all the high horsepower Vipers? I guess there's none in the SC area, or most would rather just dyno than race. :rolleyes:

9secC5 - you'll probably be better off joining a Viper specific drag event to get some action against any high horsepower Viper. But then again, it's Viper specific, so they may not let you in. You may also want to post this on the GenI/II forum to get more traffic.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad news of the date this is one of the weekends the V-10 Nationals will be traveling to FLorida to bradenton or orlando for the first stop of the 2004 tour.

if not i am sure some vipers will be glad to slay some Vetts

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This 800+ RWHP Viper is, sadly, in California. I'd definitely be up for any event within 500 miles of San Francisco...

OP
OP

9-Sec C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr.Roof, Why don't you come down and try to slay some Vettes ? You better run a lot quicker than 10.2 though , there will be several 9-second C5 Corvettes there , come on down and get slayed. :laugh:

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If no conflict with the V-10 Nationals I am sure I can round up enough Vipers than can handle anything I cannot. keep me updated!

I would love to spoil the Vette Party!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dr.Roof, Why don't you come down and try to slay some Vettes ? You better run a lot quicker than 10.2 though , there will be several 9-second C5 Corvettes there , come on down and get slayed. :laugh:
Hey Mike how does 9.93 @151mph sound to you, he also had a 9.87 @135 lifting cause he did not want to break out :eek: I'll be there if it does not conflict with the V10 nationals :2tu:

NATE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike how does 9.93 @151mph sound to you, he also had a 9.87 @135 lifting cause he did not want to break out :eek: I'll be there if it does not conflict with the V10 nationals :2tu:
:eek:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof that's 2 of us, but the fastest Vette that I know coming so far belongs to my buddy who ran 9.39 @148mph (car has more in her) :eek: We need Svsi or Rsi if we want to spoil the party :D

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a guy in Taxachussetts that has an old Chrysler K-car runnin' better than that Vette, front wheel drive and all. That would shure be a **** in the punch bowl. They should invite him, of course, if they'd let him play. But I doubt anyone would want to, being an "exotic only" competition, with Vettes n all.

But I digress; it's not about who's fastest.

I guess Corvettes really are the better cars. What was I thinking?

On second thought, I digress again. I think I'll keep my GTS and accept the fact that any FOOL can build a frame & motor combo w/ slicks that'll beat me to the quarter mile, Corvette's notwithstanding.

I'll just keep loping down the road looking better, grabbing thumbs up from strangers, waving at stock vettes in the rearview mirror, and generally enjoying my Viper while rejoicing in the sale of my 2000 FRC C-5.

Can I get an AMEN?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Vipers in super street. I guess a Viper with a single power adder and stock engine has to run in the stroker/power adder class called Renegade ?

TX WHOS YOUR DADDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a guy in Taxachussetts that has an old Chrysler K-car runnin' better than that Vette, front wheel drive and all. That would shure be a **** in the punch bowl. They should invite him, of course, if they'd let him play. But I doubt anyone would want to, being an "exotic only" competition, with Vettes n all.

But I digress; it's not about who's fastest.

I guess Corvettes really are the better cars. What was I thinking?

On second thought, I digress again. I think I'll keep my GTS and accept the fact that any FOOL can build a frame & motor combo w/ slicks that'll beat me to the quarter mile, Corvette's notwithstanding.

I'll just keep loping down the road looking better, grabbing thumbs up from strangers, waving at stock vettes in the rearview mirror, and generally enjoying my Viper while rejoicing in the sale of my 2000 FRC C-5.

Can I get an AMEN?
AND YOUR POINT IS? :D :2tu: :cool:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how strict this track would be on vipers? I got _most_ of my safety equipment, but not all.

I'd hate to make the drive and then get booted...

JD

Pat_L_96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this shootout is in conflict with the V10 nat, then I'd recommend the NSCA races this year where the where the American Super Car challenge will take place. These Viper / Vette races are planned for every NSCA event with the first event the weekend of March 20th at Belle Rose, Louisana. So far it is Vipers 1 and Vettes 0. Hope to see a great turn out of Vipers there. Go to www.nsca-racing.com for more info on this series.

OP
OP

9-Sec C5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph Dell , You will not be booted for lack of safety equipment , Cartek , a Corvette Tuner , rented the track , they are holding tech inspections , you will not be booted .

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I might be Bringing a little more than the 10.22, Somebody learned how to Drive!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about it. Maybe we can get you and Tony and Mike at ringgold to go with us.

it would be a great time.

If I go to this one I will miss the supra event in TX. Hard choice. Let me know what you think.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte