paging MR TREYNOR.......MR TREYNOR

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should lighten up on the supra guy. From what I have read he's done a little smack talking, but it looks like in good fun to me. But a lot of posts are really ripping into this guy so if he gets defensive, I don't blame him. At least he is willing to do a legit timed drag race where no excuses exist instead of "on a roll" on the street.
Yeah, 10's might be a little optimistic, but I wouldn't rule it out so I'm not going to flame or say yes. I'll just wait for the slips.
I think it's a really interesting match up and wish i could go now that I have et streets w/ purners. Unfortunately i have a client i need to work with that day that is paying me extra to work that saturday.

I think 11's with tires is entirely possible. My very first time out ever I got a 12.6 at Sacto and I still am not sure where the end of the track is marked. With practice and learning how the whole 1/4 mile thing works I think a 12.2 or 12.3 is possible for me w street tires and into the 11's with the et streets. Traction was the big killer for me so i need to learn how to launch
Ben make us proud!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tomer,
If you can make the race, you should go "represent" the Gen I. It's a blast if your with a bunch of friends. It's about an hour from the east bay, right?

Mike

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about anybody else T, but I'm sure having fun with it.

"I'd rather have the scours than drive a Poopra!"
Paul Bilberry '02

And for those that may not be familiar with the term scours.....

Scours:

Bovine virus diarrhea causing diarrhea and death in young calves. Ulcers on the tongue, lips, and in the mouth are the usual lesions that can be found in the live calf. These lesions are similar to those found in yearlings and adult animals affected with bovine scours.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(a) it's fun, we do it on the Corvette board all the time; (b) SilverSupra was also asking if anyone else wanted to join the racing. I've asked the same question. So far I haven't seen any takers, just some requests to film the event.

[rant]
AM I TO BELIEVE THAT OF ALL THE VIPER OWNERS IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA READING THIS THERE IS NO ONE BESIDES ME WILLING TO RACE A 12.0-sec SUPRA??? Any of you with 500+ RWHP (and you're out there) would practically have to try to avoid running 11s in the 1/4. I'm doing this race in our stock-engine, stock-exhaust "creampuff" Daytona; why isn't anyone else signing up to actually race???
[/rant]

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having fun as well, I love this threads.

all flames intended
biggrin.gif

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Tiepilot on 12-28-2002 at 07:25 AM</font>

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WEAK!!!...you guys are acting more like Porsche owners...maybe you should trade in for a Boxter!...How about racing the guy and having some fun???...most of you Vipers on this thread come off looking pretty lame with replies like "Give me a break all it takes is money and I know alot of people with more than the VPR KILR!"...figures this mook owns a Ferrari...and "Do a search on the words "****" and "go fast" and I think you'll understand our position."...who's "OUR" jerky?.... the Supra will at least show up and have a go at it and you other Viper snots will sit home and keep em shiny. Cheers Treynor!

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm...sounds interesting....if i don't have to work, maybe i'll bring out my supra before i sell it for a viper........

ben & VPR KLR ..... What time you guys leaving ?

Ting

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ting -- I'll be heading up around 3:30 from Redwood City.

Barbara -- these are absolutely open events -- by all means stop in, spectate, say hi, all that good stuff. I'll be the guy driving the Daytona viper... err, you can't miss it
smile.gif
Directions, address etc. are at http://www.sacramentoraceway.com

DRYVEM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
AM I TO BELIEVE THAT OF ALL THE VIPER OWNERS IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA READING THIS THERE IS NO ONE BESIDES ME WILLING TO RACE A 12.0-sec SUPRA??? Any of you with 500+ RWHP (and you're out there) would practically have to try to avoid running 11s in the 1/4. I'm doing this race in our stock-engine, stock-exhaust "creampuff" Daytona; why isn't anyone else signing up to actually race???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ben, We are thinking about taking a "little" drive on Sat. to Sacto. Can someone email directions on how to get to the racetrack? We will be coming from the north on I-5. Thanks

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ben if I could make it to the west coast I would be there, me 5 other Viper owners meet up with a few Supra's every Thursday night and they are pretty cool guy's.

By the way we never turn down a race if it was in this area there would be at least 5 other Vipers ready to go.

Yellow 01 GTS (previous)
Before NOS & Ported Heads
Best E.T. 11.97 @ 122mph

Yellow 01 GTS (present)
550 RWHP 651 RWTQ
Attempting race track next week weather permiting

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bit:
So do any of you PUSHROD motor owners really think that a Viper could hold up like a Supra after 80,000 miles?

Hell, make it 50,000 miles! How about as a daily driver? How about a daily driver AND racer with 80,000 miles?

I think not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is obviously posted just to generate a rise out of everyone.
Of course we won't hold up as well as a supra after 80,000 miles. We drove 80,000 miles. the supra got pushed for 75,000 of the 80,000!
tongue.gif

If Snake pit thinks American iron is so poorly made. That's fine, everyone has an opinion. But it's better if you at least back up what you believe in in your own life instead of looking really foolish with contradictions. In your signature you say you drive a 94 Supra that is superior to the American made Viper, but instead of a riding a high tech japanese bike, you have a Harley! Talk about being 2 faced!
patriot.gif
usa-clear-s.gif

What a
clown.gif

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'm a little late on this one... but what happened at the race?

BTW, I just sold my single turbo Supra, and I'm looking to buy a GenII RT/10. Just to have something different
smile.gif
No flaming intended, but I have no false hopes that the Viper will be faster for the price I paid for the Supra. 600+ rwhp... how could I possibly expect a stock Viper to keep up with that? However, like someone mentioned in this thread, IMHO it is possible to respect both cars for what they do. Personally, I'm ready for some old-fashioned pushrod torque! Maybe ChrisGTS can shed a little amicable light, too. He's driven the Supra, and can attest to the speed.

Some call me crazy, but I'm switching to American muscle for a while (well, at least for my street car... I'm still racing my RX-7's in the Pro-IT and SCCA Enduro series
smile.gif
).

SilverSupra... which single turbo did you go for?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ooops... I should be more specific
smile.gif
Have you guys raced after the Single Turbo was put on? I'd like to see the results! In Atlanta, one of the automatic Supras with a single turbo just ran 10's. Same guy that beat everyone (including Vipers) on the road course in Texas. NOT MEANT TO FLAME! I'm sure with the right driver and mods, either car could win
smile.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve and I haven't had the follow-on race yet. We'll be sure to tape & post it when it happens. My fearless prediction -- it ain't going to be close
supergrin.gif

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With almost 1000 rwhp, it definitely won't be close
smile.gif
I need to stop reading about your mods... my goal is to keep the Viper I buy bone stock. That supercharger looks sooo good, though!

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Achilles99!

So who is the master of the singe that lives here in Atlanta? I always look for supras...they are usually good competition.

Anyway, hope you get a Viper - see you at the meetings!

Regards,

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben, where is the beast? I understand it was at VOI 7 where it laid down the 10.1 pass. Is it back in the fold now?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Yellow Beast (tm) is in my garage as I write this note. I've been playing it pretty cool with Doug -- told him "yeah, it's pretty fast, nothing I can't handle" -- but the truth is my palms sweat and my heart races each time I get into the car. I have never driven something that fast before, not even when I rode modified literbikes. With the cool weather we have out here in CA (50-60 F during the day) the bloody thing SPINS ITS 345/30-19 REAR TIRES at 120 MPH in 4th GEAR!!! and that's without NOS
eek.gif
. It goes sideways in 2nd if you even look funny at the throttle; 3rd hooks up occasionally until 100 MPH, then lets go. It's truly unreal.

I'll post a full driving impression as soon as I get a few more miles in the monster.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; Am I also misunderstanding something here or are you going to
&gt; be racing the SAME STOCK Viper that beat you when you didnt
&gt; have your Single Turbo??

No no, that Viper (my wife's Daytona) is long gone. Steve's going to race my yellow DLM R/T. He's only got a deficit of, oh, about 500 RWHP in that race
supergrin.gif

However... I earlier wrote:
&gt; Since we're talking smack, however, I hereby offer to race
&gt; you in the yellow beast once you have your single. I'll even
&gt; leave the slicks at home and race you on my street tires
&gt; (pilot sports) for bonus humiliation points.

I am now beginning to regret that bold assertion. This car is very difficult to keep "hooked up" below 120 mph on the Pilots. If Steve actually makes good his threat and buys slicks & skinnies for his Supra, the races will be interesting!

Maybe I'll bring my wife's new SRT-10 instead for the "humiliation" races
yesnod.gif