Painless front license plate bracket (photos)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our own Frank Rabuse stayed up late one night in his top secret laboratory and came up with a pretty nifty thing for the Viper: A removable front license plate bracket which stays on at speed and comes off for shows, racing, etc. It is made of very lightweight aluminum and has industrial strength suction cups. Here is what it looks like off the car:

You must be registered for see images

When fitted to the front of the car, it looks superb. Even if the plate itself (RED ASP) doesn't match the car in question:

We also tried this on a Gen I car and it fit fine. It was a bit more snug and seemed to stick out a bit further, but it was otherwise very good. You could probably bend the brackets to give it a more flush look:

Neat stuff!

Chris

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Looks great! Does it hit the crosshatch during high speed (55 mph, of course) drives?

How 'bout a bit of soft foam on the underside to make sure the plate doesn't rub against the facia?

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The better question would be, who in their right mind would make the decision to put the vanity plate "RED ASP" on their ride? Conjures up images best left to Gerald in the privacy of his own home.....

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performin', thanks for saying I am a YOUNG man. Well, at heart anyway.

Joseph, no it hasn't hit anything yet, BUT I did put some small pieces of clearbra stuff underneath.

Kid, righto, I have never claimed to be in my right mind. In fact, haven't located the right one yet!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Would be never allowed in Germany!
Our license plates have to be fixed with screws, glue, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte