Paint Repair to Flat Black Exhaust Exit

agilly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I recently had my exhaust vibrate loose and slightly burn the inside of the exhaust exit. This caused the paint to flake off in areas. I've fixed the exhaust, but am now looking to repair the damage that was done and several body shops are saying that don't do high temp paint fixes.

You must be registered for see images attach

Are members fixing this sort of thing themselves or is there a proper paint code that a professional body shop could use?

TIA,
Alex

proedge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think regular high temp rattle can flat black should work. I highly doubt you'd be able to see a difference in color, even if there is one. I would sand the whole black area, mask off the red and spray

OP
OP
A

agilly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you. I can wet sand and rattle can. I'm just a bit worried about color matching. A flat black won't match the sheen or the color. I'm wondering if anyone has found a paint that is a bit closer to OEM.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think that color is probably closer to a satin than a full black, but I'm not sure what all they have in high temp colors. I think you could probably find an engine enamel type paint at the local auto parts store though. That should be high enough temp rating I would think. It's not like that section is header temp, it's just near hot exhaust.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4