Paint Touch Up Kit

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live at the end of a long dirt/gravel road.

I have clear bra on my side sills, the front of my hood, and the area directly behind the tires. However, my doors still get a bit of spray whenever I drive my car. As a result, over the years, I have collected hundreds and hundreds of "micro-chips" on my doors. These are tiny paint chips, about the size of a grain of sand. They aren't really all that noticable from normal viewing distances, but they were still beginning to bother me.

I bought a touch up kit from these guys:

http://www.touchup123.com/

I have had the kit sitting in my closet for several months. It just didn't want to mess with my paint, and I was worried that I would screw it up.

Today, I washed my car, and decided to go ahead and do the touch up thing. Turns out, it isn't that difficult. You rub the car with the cleanser. Then, you rub off the cleanser (like rubbing off wax.) Then, you rub the paint filler stuff (color matched to the paint) on the car. This is the worrysome stage, as when you are done, the panel is a mess, and it looks like you've smeared your paint and clear coat all over the car, with giant swirls, streaks, etc.
However, the next step, you clean the panel with the cleanser again, and it takes out all the messy swirls, etc, while leaving the paint filler in the little chip crevases. then you buff it off with a micro fiber towel, and you're done.

The whole process took me about 20 minutes to touch up both doors. The paint now looks 100 percent better than before. The zillions of tiny paint chips are now invisible.

For a person like me, who lives on a dirt road, I think that this touch up system is going to be very very useful in keeping my Viper looking good. My only regret is that I did not take before and after pictures. The difference is quite noticable.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, looks good according to the site(but that is always the case). I have scraped the bottom a bit and this looks to be a good way of touching it up. I am now more of a believer since you have tried and tested it out. Since you didnt get any before/after pics, go ahead and scrape the bottom real fast, touch it up so we can get some pics this time. :rolaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude