Pass Window Sticking ~ Adjustment Tips???

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the pass window regulator replaced a couple years ago. Ever since it's been progressively sticking more and more on the weather stripping/rubber on the hard top. Beginning of winter I adjusted the hard top latches and viola,,,,, the window sticks pretty good now.

I have a manual but was wondering if there are any easy adjustment tips out there??? :dunno:

:usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps the window is going too high and needs to have the stop adjusted? Perhaps your inner door track is dry at the top and needs some Lithium grease?

I tired Vaseline on my window tracks but it's too light and doesn't last very long.

Ted

OP
OP
R

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's going to high,,,, you could be right Ted. I was wondering if it the angle it goes up and down and could be adjusted.

:usa:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't remember - and I still havn't found my shop manual so I can't check. I think there might be an angle adjustment inside the door at the bottom of the track. Some cars use a screw under the door that screws into the track to locate and anchor the track. Check your manual because it it uses that style it would be easy to loosen the screw and then move the window/rear upper door portion a little and retighten? I can't remmeber if the Viper uses this method.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang