Patching Hoosiers

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I know this has been discussed about a thousand times before, but I didn't have track tires then and didn't pay enough attention. Here's the question; What's the conventional wisdom about patching a Hoosier?? I have a nail in one I just bought (used) and wonder how much of an issue it is. Internal patch okay??

BTW, I checked archives but section on tires/wheels is empty.

thanks,
john

John Moore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just brought the GTS back from a Porsche Club event. Took the class win, set the fastest trap speed on the track (133mph) topped everyone but one open wheeler and one GT2 911. Wore down to the chords on two of the Hoosiers and my patch held up fine all weekend. I wouldn't recommend this unless you're particularly cheap and can't get a hold of any other tires in time.

OP
OP
J

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, guess I should have expected differing opinions. I think I'll get it patched for now, and then sit and then ponder it until next track event comes up.
Thanks again.

Reaction score
I don't recommend patching a race tire. At the speeds Vipers are capable of, it'd be a shame to lose the car because a patch comes apart and the tire deflates. Tires are cheap compared to a new car...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang