Paul Mumford article in Sports Car International Jan '04

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Mumford article in Sports Car International Jan \'04

Here's a really wonderful article on Paul that appears in the Jan/04 SCI. It was both exciting and painful to turn the page and see this piece...it really describes the Laguna race for what it was : a classic David and Goliath.

It was written before he left us. They include a post note at the very end of the article.

Sorry it took so long (always busy at the office these days...)

You must be registered for see images

reprinted with permission of the publisher (Thanks SCI)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Paul Mumford article in Sports Car International Jan \'04

man........ What a great and touching story...... :) :) :)

:( :(

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great story. We'll all miss Paul and what could have been one of the best rookie to pro stories ever.

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm Paul's Dad. I can't thank thank the Viper community enough for the support you've given to his Mother and me. Paul scared the living bejesus out of us while racing motorcycles before taking on the 4 wheeled arena. As a result we actively and stupidly discouraged his racing activities. In retrospect I can't believe how wrong we were. I've been reading everything I can find on my son and have discovered that we weren't the only ones aware of what an extraordinary young man he was. I want you all to know how much more we've learned about our son through your posts. If we are all judged by the friends we make and the company we keep, Paul rates highly indeed. Thanks to this community for allowing my family a glimpse into a major portion of his life that we had little knowledge of. Paul Mumford Sr.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am new to the community...very new. But I can honestly say, maybe even on behalf of everyone ( If that's ok. ), it is we that should thank you and your family. You "gave" us such a outstanding racer. And he was a even better friend to those who knew him personal, and through other peopple.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We thank you for your kind words. We miss Paul very much, he was very special to many here.

If you would like assistance in finding all your son posted here, feel free to drop me a note....... he posted often... and had a lot of fun doing it.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mr. Mumford, they say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I can already see that Paul's parents share that same class. There isn't a day that goes by that many of us don't stop to think about Paul. Many of us never met the man in person, but his incredibly quick wit was always present here. We got to know Paul first through these boards and eventually through the spectacular press he received in his various Viper outings. Those that were fortunate enough to have met Paul in person further confirmed what an outstanding young man he was. While there is simply no comparison to losing a child, we all felt as though we had lost a part of our own extended family.

We greatly appreciate the time he gave to us and the world. I can safely say that many, many Viper owners have been deeply touched to see "PMUM" once again make a post. Our heartfelt condolences to you and your family. You raised a phenomenal son and for that we simply cannot thank you enough.

Chris Marshall

OP
OP
N

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I honestly have no words.

Chris came as close as I can expect to expressing how we all feel right now.

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey Guys:

For those of you who are interested, there is another good article about Paul in the latest Racer Magazine (Dec. '03 pages 86-88). I picked up a copy at Barnes & Noble. It's titled "Viper Strikes-Privateer Paul Mumford shocked the Speed World Challenge teams at Laguna Seca".

Thanks to Mr. Mumford for your kind words. Little do we know the impact that any of us have until they are gone. I pray that the Lord brings you and your family comfort in knowing that Paul made a positive impact on many. We were blessed to be able to sahre some time with him.

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi