Paxton Superchargers

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ViperD and Bigcarrot for the info...I called roe, they are out of vec2, Will have some in 2 weeks.....Just my luck...

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperD, what else did you have to do for the car to handle that much hp...All I hear about is the cast pistons inability to handle more than 550 or so rwhp.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised the RAM SRT picked up so little MPH. Granted the Paxton makes all its power >3000 RPM, but there's still an extra 25% there even when heat soaked. 5000 lbs or no, 130 RWHP is good for more than 3 MPH in the 1/4!

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Ben,
I don't trust the G-Tech on the runway test as much as I trust the dyno. It was interesting to test it, but take it for what it's worth in that regard. The dyno is much more conclusive in its results.
Regards,
Sean

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have had phenomenal luck with Paxton, though I will sympathize with those who had some parts missing. This has not been a problem with us, but I am not here to deny the concern. We have just been very pleased with the customer service we have gotten and I think this forum will be beneficial for all involved. I plan on referring Paxton to this site, as they are very open and I am sure this will be viewed as a way to work on improving their total product packaging and service. Good post and we have seen hp ( at the flywheel ) readings in the 680-710 area also, on the dyno. :2tu:

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing that with only intake, cat-back and a SC you can make 625-675rwhp WITHOUT upgrading other components.

The reason why i never SC'd my Vette was because you had to do forged internals, new clutch etc which really added in price on top of the SC.

I know once the nicer weather comes out i'll be making a trip to WCV :)

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine bone stock, WITHOUT the needed valve recall made 632 corrected at the rear wheels!

The 618 RWHP was on a stock truck. I would suspect the driveline loss is greater with the different rear axle ratio and the larger diameter tires, not to mention they may run less timing since the truck weights 1,500+ lbs more. It read 14 RWHP less than your car and that seems reasonable to me when you consider they're two different vehicles running on two different dyno's on two different days (on top of everything else).
Did you look at the program in the Split Second box on your car to see what the maximum timing retard from stock was? It's probably less than the truck.

It ran good when I drove it. It would be nice to have more torque though :smirk:

Regards,
Sean

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wan summa dis??? lol I wasn't referring to your truck, I was reinforcing the great results that Pemberton has had.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sean, are you picking on BC? ;)

Nnnnoooo
I may not be the smartest, but I'm smarter than that ;)

"You wan summa dis??? lol I wasn't referring to your truck, I was reinforcing the great results that Pemberton has had."

Ok BC, I thought you meant the truck was low.

Regards,
Sean

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what kind of clearance you guys with SRT-10s and Paxtons have between the alternator belt and the supercharger's pulley "nose". Seems kind of close to me. I measured mine at .060. Does this sound about right?

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah, you can go up to the 700rwhp range with a good tune.

That's what I've heard, as well. And from some very in the know sources, like DLM and DC.
have mine over 700 rearhp. Installed the DlM/Paxton kit myself with a very good tune it makes that power all day long.You have to be careful with the cast pistons to do it right.

OP
OP
C

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know how to obtain the R4 software?

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know this thread has been dead for a while but what about quarter mile times??? What kind of quarter mile improvement have you seen and do any of you have the racelogic unit?