Paxton vacuum source

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am getting a couple of conflicting ideas on what to use for vacuum sources for my Paxton install.
Slit second, blow off valve and FMU all require vacuum.
One is tee into the brake booster line for everything and the other is you shouldn't put all three at the same location.

In the manual it says: Split second use manifold vacuum. Blow off valve use brake booster and The FMU use Idle air bypass which is none existant on my 04.
Just curious as to what is best?
Thanks,
Len

slither

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Len,

Use the brake booster vacuum line which originates on the drivers side of the intake manifold. Cut this line fairly close to the intake manifold and install a "T", then route the FMU vacuum line to the side branch section of this "T". Also cut the vacuum line fairly close to the brake booster and install another "T", then install a vacuum hose onto the side branch section of this tee and install another "T" onto the end of this hose. You will then have the two run sides of this "T" as vacuum sources, hook the vacuum line from the blow off valve to one side and the vacuum line from the split second box to the other side and you are all set. I hooked mine up this way and haven't had any issues.

OP
OP
S

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, Slither
That's just what I was going to do next. Haven't driven the car yet but I had one tee in the brake booster line and then double tee'd off of that. My kit came with only one tee that fit the brake booster line so getting another one today.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery