Paxton Viper vs. N/A Viper

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to stop this madness of paxton/roe/NA we really need to get a few similiar power cars to run on the street and do some pulls.

that will end it

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to stop this madness of paxton/roe/NA we really need to get a few similiar power cars to run on the street and do some pulls.

that will end it
I agree. Same exhaust/header and tire setup between a roe/Paxton/NA. Same power numbers, no excuses, etc. This will be very interesting.:drive:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

that will end it
I was just about to post that, lol.

Stop picking on those 500 rwhp N/A cars and line up with an 8 or 10# Roe car & you'll get a much better race. :lmao:

:headbang:

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would be nice to see those type of races too. This thread was posted just to show feedback of how badly a Supercharged Viper beats a N/A 500rwhp Viper/Z06. Previous topics and posts, a few mentioned that it might still be close due to weight of paxton, tire spin, heat soak etc.

So this video was only posted to "show" it isnt even a close race when on the freeway. From a stop light, its a different story as am I able to launch better then ILLSMOQ :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know the power level my paxton car will be at,(i guess around 800-850rwhp) but if there's a roe car in that range wihtout nitrous, id be game to do some highway pulls. i dont ever care about losing and if i do, losing to another viper is just fine with me.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your worrying too much man.

So first, you can get our cars for 60k, and a Paxton Should only be about $10-12K installed. Im buying mine for $6500, 1k for DLM stuff around $500 to dyno tune and ILLSMOQ is instlling for a fair price. And no kid in a Mustang will keep up.

Second, you keep worrying anout the weight of Paxton. Say its 70-90lbs..., so when ILLSMOQ had 15 more rwhp then me he would slightly,slightly pull me, thru a few gears he would be a half car or so.Just slowly inching ahead, but we both knew he was winning. Well, one day he had his 200lb cousin in car and was gonna show off, well i slowly edged him, ever so slighlty. So to turn the tables on his 15rwhp, I needed him to have 200lbs.
Then that brings the whole debate of how the Z06 is faster mostly due to 200 lbs lighter,yet its usually still a drivers race.

So when you have maybe 70lbs extra for a Paxton. BIG DEAL!!!!! ILLSMOQ actually already made up for that by changing to HRE's ,so he lost weight with wheels/tires. So maybe he carries around 50 extra lbs or less, but now has 200 more rwhp. That graph he posted on other thread was without tuning and belt slippage.So his power is alot more across the board. And it builds power so quickly that every second its going from 60,80,120,150, 200 rwhp more. Thats why the video outcome i posted is the way it is. He demolishes my 508 rwhp car.
Sounds like your trying to talk yourself out of it.:dunno:
NOOOO!! I think the Paxtons are a great addition to the Vipers. What I am emphasizing is that there is a misconception that when someone says they have a 700 rwhp car, many think they have a car w/ almost 200 more rwhp than a stock car all across the power band. If you combine a poor driver w/ the pros and cons of a Paxton or Twin Turbo for that matter, oine can have disappointing results as some in this forum has indicated.

I think Paxtons are great. My dilemma now is I have been offered a 1000 rwhp set up at a very competitive price....but, do I or can I use 1000 rwhp????

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think Paxtons are great. My dilemma now is I have been offered a 1000 rwhp set up at a very competitive price....but, do I or can I use 1000 rwhp????

Oh ooooo....... 1000rwhp:burnout:

Thats awesome but I think it is just too much for the street, in a rwd car. My opinion is that 700-800rwhp is about as much as you want on street and only good for freeway races. Adding more is great, but wont be useful unless your at a drag strip with slicks and a built rear end.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NOOOO!! I think the Paxtons are a great addition to the Vipers. What I am emphasizing is that there is a misconception that when someone says they have a 700 rwhp car, many think they have a car w/ almost 200 more rwhp than a stock car all across the power band. If you combine a poor driver w/ the pros and cons of a Paxton or Twin Turbo for that matter, oine can have disappointing results as some in this forum has indicated.

A well built 1000 rwhp Viper motor sounds fine but haven't seen much mentioned on other great mods such as Motons, Quaife, PS2's, etc. to really put all that power down. Maybe I missed a post but adding a few of these goodies would sure make for a more all around bad ****. Great project nonetheless should you move forward. Oh, what's your primary goal for this beast anyway - streat, road course, strip?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A well built 1000 rwhp Viper motor sounds fine but haven't seen much mentioned on other great mods such as Motons, Quaife, PS2's, etc. to really put all that power down. Maybe I missed a post but adding a few of these goodies would sure make for a more all around bad ****. Great project nonetheless should you move forward. Oh, what's your primary goal for this beast anyway - streat, road course, strip?
This continues to be my dilemma...I really want a car that is streetable, but also very fast. I was really planning to do what MikeR and Illsmoq had done...until this offer came about. Personally I have always felt anything over 850 rwhp was overkill for kicking ass under 150 mph, and useless in stop light to stop light racing (although I would never do that:D ). But guys w/ this kind of power in this forum swear that not only is the power usable and controllable, but TT guys swear once u experience TT you will never even consider a Paxton. Just when I had my mind made up and was ready to schedule the Paxton install...here comes another wrinkle. In another post I penned back in June this year, I asked should I go w/ a 900 rwhp Paxton or TT. One guy w/ a 900 rwhp Paxton dusted 3 TT set ups at Bradenton b/c the TT guys could not hook up. I really like how the Paxton power comes on later in the power band and I like its simplicity. But some guys I really admire tell me the TT is in a totally different league and I should not even consider a Paxton.....

So....I am almost back where I started:confused:

Snorman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You would have to have a pretty serious setup to make 1000rwhp with a Paxton. I'm assuming you're talking about a fully built shortblock and you'd be needing to run a pretty healthy amount of boost.
SRK's pump gas Paxton setup made 1022rwhp, but that's pretty much the strongest Paxton car I know of.
S.

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys... I think one thing everybody is forgetting is heat soak........
I don't care if you have a tt or sc... If these cars aren't cool... They perform pretty badly...

I definitely think 600-800rwhp is the best for street setups....
It would be nice to drive my car... Its in the shop...
I have had nothing but problems with the paxton setup and the tuners sooo far...

I guess we will see..

Joe

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys... I think one thing everybody is forgetting is heat soak........
I don't care if you have a tt or sc... If these cars aren't cool... They perform pretty badly...

I definitely think 600-800rwhp is the best for street setups....
It would be nice to drive my car... Its in the shop...
I have had nothing but problems with the paxton setup and the tuners sooo far...

I guess we will see..

Joe

what kind of problems have you been having?

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool vids thanks.

a Roe Vs. Paxton race video one day ?

maybe !

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok in Cali we have ILLSMOQ with a paxton
and in floiduh we have disturbed with his NA car.

anyone in these areas wanna do this final testing ?

Snorman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure a Roe vs. Paxton comparison is fair if you're limiting the comparison to cars with similar power levels. The problem is that the Paxton will make significantly more peak power than the Roe, and that's its advantage.
S.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure a Roe vs. Paxton comparison is fair if you're limiting the comparison to cars with similar power levels. The problem is that the Paxton will make significantly more peak power than the Roe, and that's its advantage.
S.
Significantly more power when and where in the power band? Later...meaning that a less powerful Roe is more formidable in the 1/4 mile and most road races than the Paxton.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so says keith....lets get a real world test going and then decide.

cause i still say its bunk. you race and shift at those higher rpm's where the paxton shines. at least on the street.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so says keith....lets get a real world test going and then decide.

cause i still say its bunk. you race and shift at those higher rpm's where the paxton shines. at least on the street.

No bunk. Read my street tire time, without the Nitrous.

The Paxton makes the big hp for only a tiny amount of the rpm range and comes in late. I looked into a 900+ Paxton sc Viper and it actually had traction with street tires in 1st and second gear! Unbelievable! While I smoke my tires past 70mph and fishtail when shifting into 3rd gear, I could go faster with stickier tires - but I'm not going slow. I'm wasting some of my EXTRA 400rwtq that the Paxton car won't have at lower rpms (that's why a 1000rwhp Paxton can have some traction). Think of the hp and torque increase of the Paxton and TT's as STARTING after 3500rpm. Unlike Nitrous that is nearly instant, the boost comes slowly at 3500 and gradually. The Roe is full torque at 2000rpm and the hp peaks much earlier, then slightly falls off before the shift point, hp is much earlier and lasts longer.

Check the quarter mile times of both types of sc and TT's. I don't think that a "Street race" between a couple of sc'd Vipers at 700rwhp or more is smart as it's not like racing a sc'd Viper against a vette, it's way more dangerous than that. 2 cars without traction, side by side racing down a street? I'd only do that with both sides of a divided highway or a dragstrip. One tiny spot of oil is enough to crash a high hp Viper - I'd hate to see anymore get crashed, expecially doing something that stupid. There's enough times recorded to see that both Roe's and Paxtons are in the mid tens on street tires and DR put both into the 9's.

Ted

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hp peaks much earlier, then slightly falls off before the shift point,

my point is the paxton will launch better, and when you're shifting is where ya want the max power. not after its been falling off.

if the test mules dont wanna street it, take it to a track but i personally never go to a track so im more interested in the street data..:)

G

grcforce327

Tony is the only one I know of, with a 9.68.You do have the ability to make more power with a paxton.Without any restrictions,the paxton I believe is currently at 9.20.I get a kick out of these restrictive comparisons.Run whatever you are able to achieve from your setup.Tony chose to go TT now, and that's the direction I chose instead of supercharging.I don't have to get caught up in the "my supercharger is better than yours" mentality.:lmao:

"RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG"!!! OR GTF HOME!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did a bit of searching and found a couple of roe/paxton dyno sheets....can anyone overlay them to see the comparison ?

PM me with your email addy

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did a bit of searching and found a couple of roe/paxton dyno sheets....can anyone overlay them to see the comparison ?

PM me with your email addy

I can do an overlay if you can get the WINPEP files from the dyno operator

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21