Paxton Viper vs. N/A Viper

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So this is for you Blackmamba1....:drive:

Went out today, did a couple 3rd gear roll ons and just shifted to 4th. Give ya a real world idea of two Vipers, one N/A 500rwhp and one paxton 700 rwhp, see what happens.

If Im in 2nd gear Its a little closer at first,then he still pulls, but third gear, a N/A car with less hp has no chance. This should help you decide on the Paxton.:headbang:

You must be registered for see images

Lastly just cruisin, ILLSMOQ wanted to hear what his car sounds like from my view. lol

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice,,, I love the fact that your driving and filming...........lol, Sounds like something I would do...

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I can say is....Gyattt Dayummmm!!

I want a Paxton...

I want it now!

t i t o

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would have been great to see the Paxton car against a bolt-on '08. Cool vids, thanks.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool videos, thanks :popcorn:
But 500 Hp Vs 700 Hp :owned: :chair:

Yea , obviously big power difference. lol

But there were some who still thought the paxton power didnt come on till 5k rpms, we just wanted to show real world what happens, with both drivers actually trying. Unlike the vid of the supposed "stock" Z06 that was running side by side with a paxton viper. Anywasy, my car gets up and goes and beats most cars on the street. But when im next to ILLSMOQ, I feel like Im in a V6.:crazy2:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
While the N/A cars do pretty well from a stop, I've found that the Paxton cars are much faster once you get them moving.....and they keep moving faster as speeds increase.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see a base kit Paxton vs a heads/cam SRT10, just to see how those two compare. The heads/cam would make a little less peak HP, but would also be lighter due to not adding the weight of a supercharger.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya... When you are rolling 3 vipers deep, people ALWAYS stare. The only problem is the idiots that are weaving in and out of traffic to catch up and almost running into us!!
wow... that blue and white looks mighty nice too.... :2tu:

Snorman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unlike the vid of the supposed "stock" Z06 that was running side by side with a paxton viper.
LMAO...I don't think so. I saw that "video", what a crock.
And a 700 rwhp Paxton setup isn't even a "strong" combo, imagine what a 900 rwhp one will do.
:headbang:
S.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAYUMM...

But I will say this mikeR..

At a drag strip with you both on the same DR's the outcome would be quite differant...

I beleave your car should be capable of an 11.5 at 125 mph or so at best while the paxtoned viper would be in the 11.1 at 133 mph range..Much closer than the highway battles were the paxtoned viper is already up and rolling...

Not taken anything away from the paxtoned vipers..But you would give him a run for his money from a dead stop till 120ish mph IMHO..

But i personnaly care more about roll races and got dayum that paxtoned viper is fast

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DAYUMM...

At a drag strip with you both on the same DR's the outcome would be quite differant...

I beleave your car should be capable of an 11.5 at 125 mph or so at best while the paxtoned viper would be in the 11.1 at 133 mph range..Much closer than the highway battles were the paxtoned viper is already up and rolling...

Not taken anything away from the paxtoned vipers..But you would give him a run for his money from a dead stop till 120ish mph IMHO..

But i personnaly care more about roll races and got dayum that paxtoned viper is fast

from a dead stop I can't even stay next to Mike....but once in a rare while it will hook up in 1st gear and the car pulls away hard.

gen III's with only a paxton have gone 10's on drag radials btw.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from a dead stop I can't even stay next to Mike....but once in a rare while it will hook up in 1st gear and the car pulls away hard.

gen III's with only a paxton have gone 10's on drag radials btw.

Thanks for the education...What was the mph on these 10 second paxtoned Vipers?

As well congrats on that beaste..Im so jelous and just praying that the tax return in Apr 2008 is HUGE and the wife lets me pull the trigger...

sighned: Jelous SRT10 Owner

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DAYUMM...

With PS2's and 487 rwhp at the time, I ran a 11.7@124 and then a 11.6@120 mph. Both had 1.8 60fts. So with DR's, I kn ow I could shave a few tenths, if i didnt break something first.lol But like ILLSMOQ said, there are Paxton cars with DR's running 10.8's easily. Ive seen a good driver with practice pull same times on street tires too.

I like to drag, but how often do you really do it? And all the talk of the new AWD cars that will beat us at a stoplight. Well , I wont be racing stoplights. But on the open highway, not many cars will be able to pull up next to stock viper let alone a Paxton Viper and win.
And after driving ILLSMOQ's car, I didnt even have to race anyone to put a smile on my face. It was fun just balsting it on freeway when it was clear. Though i did embarrass a STI with all the bling on the freeway. :lmao:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn, so that's what it looks like when someone pulls from you......I wouldn't know from personal experience. Thanks for the post. :D

Watching those vids makes me want to get the car out today. And yep its a Paxton beast. :headbang: Rained last night here though so as soon as I see the road spary quit coming off the cars going by the house I'll be out there. :eater:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the education...What was the mph on these 10 second paxtoned Vipers?

As well congrats on that beaste..Im so jelous and just praying that the tax return in Apr 2008 is HUGE and the wife lets me pull the trigger...

sighned: Jelous SRT10 Owner

ten second run - http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/607566-id-like-welcome-myself-10s.html

It's a totaly different car with the blower...I had to get used to it all over again and I'm still learning how to drive it.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Videos!! Thanks for posting them....sometimes when I'm driving I'll pass someone and they are literally so shocked to see a Viper, I see their car sorta **** around in their lane....that always freaks me out as I figure they're the type of driver who could hit my baby.

Regards,
Aaron

Snorman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DAYUMM...

Huh? Where do you come up with this? A car with a 200rwhp advantage runs 8 mph and 4/10ths quicker according to your estimation?
Uhh...I don't think so. You're assuming the Paxton car won't hook.

Not this car, but Paxton Vipers have gone 9's.
S.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been seriuosly considering the paxton on my '06 coupe. The part holding me back is; where and how often am I actually going ot be able to use the power? I barely get the chance to use the power I have now. I haven't been to the track yet, even though I want to, and the roads around Maryland are for the most part, too risky (police) to be letting out that much power. I am afraid I would just be wasting money on it. Maybe someone here will talk me into it.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been seriuosly considering the paxton on my '06 coupe. The part holding me back is; where and how often am I actually going ot be able to use the power? I barely get the chance to use the power I have now. I haven't been to the track yet, even though I want to, and the roads around Maryland are for the most part, too risky (police) to be letting out that much power. I am afraid I would just be wasting money on it. Maybe someone here will talk me into it.

Doug - You want to go for a cruise some time? That will convince you....

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES! I have been trying ot get a ride in one to feel the difference. We will have to meet up one nice, sunny day and I am sure I will be convinced.:D

We'll do it, PM me some Thursday or Friday when we have a nice weekend in the forecast. You'll be convinced soon.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21